Pulled Lamb Shoulder on the Primo

• So the boss put some garlic and Rosemary on a Lamb Shoulder I picked up rather cheaply.

Put it on at 9.30pm Friday night on the XL with Smartfire set to 225f. I was expecting a long cook as it was unwrapped, but that’s OK as I filled up the Kick Ash Basket and away we went with Pecan and Cherry chunks for smoke.

Cook went pretty well until about 9.30am this morning at which point temps went a bit all over the place. Well to 250f anyway which is still ok.

I turned the Smartfire up to 250f at about 2.00pm as I wanted to ensure a good long rest in the Esky.

Didn't open the Lid once throughout the whole cook.

Pulled really easily and got compliments that this was the best one I had done.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

Edited once, last by Jimmy70 ().

• So started one of these again.

Want it to be ready for lunch tomorrow. Thinking it may be a little early but can rest in esky for a while.

Let's see how we go.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Tracking OK.

Needed to help it along a bit. So upped temp to 250f and then thought what the hell up to 275f.

Sitting at 174f internal currently want to give it a good 1 hour rest so hopefully can take it off at 11.00am. :shrug:

Haven't opened lid at all.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!