What are you cooking - March

• Starting some BBQ Ribs for Managements dinner.

Full method over here:

Urban Griller
    March 30, 2021 at 4:20 PM

• Simple Weber chicken and veg cooked in the 560. Don’t cook anything inside anymore after getting the 560!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• I am working out the Kinks regarding texture with my new LEM grinder and figured Cheeseburgers were the best use of data! #3 was the best for me, need to drop the patty down to 70g. Also a minimalist on Cheeseburgers, usually mayo, Russian dressing, onions and cheese. Last one had chiffonade lettuce.

#1 226g single patty.

#2 two 113g.

#3 two 85g.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• There are some awesome looking cooks going on this month!! Cheers everyone :clap: :cheers:

Thought I would add a couple of mine, in separate posts of course :P

First up a small lamb leg on the Kettle with some Banksia smoke.

Mrs Grills cooked the veges and made the gravy 8)

Cheers,

Billy :cheers:

• It was the first time I’ve tried smoking fish and the fresh caught Tailor was a perfect opportunity to have a go.

I dry brined them first and then smoked them low and slow with some Redgum wood chips.

They turned out very tasty and even better eaten cold the next day.

Cheers,

Billy :cheers:

• Nothing to fancy.....some baked Salmon & spuds in the Z grill 700e.

Salmon rubbed with my own concoction.

Cooked at 190c for an internal of 63c. :yum)

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• 8 hr Lamb shoulder in the primo today , done at about 130-140 c . Until internal of 94 then rested for an hour , :bbq: :bbq:

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Found mostly in the southern waters of Aust

Tailor are an aggressive hunter with a ferocious appetite and razor-sharp teeth. In fact, the name Tailor originates from their ability to cut through fishing nets with their sharp teeth. They have a tendency to school up and patrol turbulent near shore waters where they prowl the wash zones for baitfish. Tailor have a relatively thin streamline frame, a forked tail and are overall silvery in appearance. The upper surface of their body is bluish green while the fins are paler blue-green with a tinge of yellow. Their lower jaw protrudes slightly beyond the upper jaw and both are lined with razor-sharp teeth. They are a popular inshore sport fish that are best targeted at dusk and dawn around headlands, inshore reefs, surf beaches and estuaries.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Simple bit of chuck for dinner on Sunday. Sub 2Kg. Rubbed down, smoked then braised with some potato's, onions and beef stock. Rather nice for something so simple. Last pic does not do the meal justice but I was so hungry that the hoards had taken most of the slices before I could snap a good pic.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

Edited once, last by matty: *DAMN SPELL CHECKER* (April 3, 2021 at 4:01 PM).

• matty Love chuck, such a great cut of meat. Looks great!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!