WA Cyclone crossing coast now, not sure about members in it's path.

• If there are any of our members in it's path, safe travels. The eye passed right over Kalbarri, Horricks has just emerged from the eye and Northampton is in the eye as I type this. Looks like Geraldton won't actually get the eye over it but will be very close so will still cops the winds that are close to the eye.

Good luck to all in the area.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Sorry, that was Gregory, not Kalbarri. I'm on the East coast so catching up, I also had no idea it hit land as a category 3. This is an area not built to withstand cyclones, let alone a severe category 3.

Good luck any bbq heads out there. (Good luck everyone actually)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Can anyone give us a report ? I hope those in it's path are OK.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• The City of Geraldton seems to have escaped pretty lightly and the red alert has been lifted for the actual city, but not the greater Geraldton area.

Kalbarri seems to be the worst hit, especially along the foreshore. Seems the severe stuff for this system was to the north of the eye, and that was Kalbarri. Power is out, does not sound like communication is great either. Aerial photos show a lot of damage but it sounds like reports are only starting to come through. Hopefully it's just roofs that have been ripped off which would make the aerial photos look worse.

It also sounds like it was a rough night in the towns of Gregory and Northampton. The deaths I've heard about are from further north in Exmouth and Coral Bay.

• Wazza pretty much nailed it. Kalbarri and Northampton both copped it hard, especially Kalbarri.

we were pretty lucky in Geraldton that it stayed slightly further north than what was forecast. We had a brief 20-30 minute period of 100kmh winds, gusting to 120ish. The town looks like it came out mostly unscathed, lots of tree branches down, some fences but not a huge amount of damage to businesses and homes. Sadly not the case for the towns a little north of us.

Been without power for a touch over 48 hours now, probably another 12-24 they think before enough repairs are done that they can safely start to reenergise the grid. Internet is largely the same story - everyone would be relying on mobile data given the lack of power, but Telstra shat the bed nearly straight away whereas Optus has been plugging along okay.

All in all we got off reasonably well, a whole lot of luck kept it north of Gero.

• Glad you guys got out of it pretty well deva5610 , also seeing the pics of Kalbarri it's amazing no major injuries. It looks like the original town is simply gone. Good luck, glad you are all well.

• also seeing the pics of Kalbarri it's amazing no major injuries

Yeah, I was pretty amazed. The Police Minister was on the radio this morning saying there were only reports of some cuts and bruises but nothing serious. Same for Northampton, which has apparently been hit just as hard as Kalbarri, if not harder. Apparently most people sensibly listened to advice to evacuate from the red zones which helped.

Sadly, one person did die over the weekend though. A maintenance worker died at Ningaloo Reef resort trying to secure a fallen power pole that had fallen in winds from the tropical low that crossed the cost near Carnarvon on Saturday.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!