Gozney Dome launched! Anyone else getting it?

• Hi all,

After a looong wait the Gozney Dome became available to purchase on April the 28th, 5pm UK time. Sale was limited only to those who were on priority list and despite the huge technical issues with the Gozney website, I managed to place an order.

I'm creating this thread so that we can share our thoughts and progress of the order, curious to know if any other member had order it.

Long story:

• Gozney Dome was announced last year while I was ready to pull the trigger for a Roccbox pizza oven. I signed on on the priority list last October and launch date was March 2021.
    • 2 months ago, Gozney announced a 2 month delay with the launch, postponing the date to the 28th of April(5pm UK time, only available in UK, US and Australia at launch) due to problems with "packaging"
    • Despite all the issues and the huge hype created by his marketing team, Gozney kept the "priority list" open until early this week
    • 3 days ago at 2am Sydney time, I received the priority list email that would allow me to make the purchase, clicked on the link and there was no "buy" button. 50 minutes later(and after dozens of complaint messages on social media by upset fans) the au site gets fixed, I finally manage to save the item in the cart but....an error message comes up saying they do not ship to NSW!
    • After another 10 furious minutes I eventually manage to click on the purchase button and the payment went through. Last bit of sad news: shipping date for my order(Batch 2) is mid July
    • In the meantime, UK and US customers had more issues with their cart being emptied tens of times before they managed to purchase. This has caused lots on anger as they missed the early batches and some customers have to wait until November(after BBQ season in UK and US) to receive their oven
    • Gozney has admitted all the technical issues and demand that exceeded all expectations, and now sale to general public has been postponed until further notice.

It has been an emotional rollercoaster, and although I'm not impressed with the lack of transparency(Gozney never mentioning that this is more like a crowdfunding sale), I'm excited to see what this little oven can do. BTW I ordered the Dual Fuel(Wood, Gas) Dome, Bone color and stand

Edited once, last by Konidair (May 1, 2021 at 11:07 AM).

• Bloody hell...what a PITA that was to eventuate.

Hefty price tag to boot IMO.

Keen to see how you go with it though.

Good luck with the July date too.

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Thanks gourmetgalaxy , fingers crossed :)

Price is high(as is the Roccbox price tag when compared to alternatives) but I guess it's also because there is no competitor with a similar product at the moment. I paid the priority list price($2099 for the Dual Fuel oven and $399 for the stand+ $59 shipping). Priority sales also get a $99 cover for free.

The "normal" price for Dual fuel is now $2499! https://au.gozney.com/products/dome

I've got my doubts about the July shipping, I'm expecting more stuff-ups and delays but I'm not in a hurry as I'm moving to our new house in August-Sept

• Looks like an impressive cooker, good luck with it , hope it arrives soon for you .

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• This guy has received one of the first ovens in the US.

Unboxing video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Setup stand and 1st gas cook:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1st cook with wood:

• Update: more delays have been announced this week.

If your Dome order was from a later production batch, please see updates per delivery timings below. For customers with an original delivery date of:

• Mid-July: your Dome is at an outbound port, waiting to be delivered to Australia where it will then go through customs processing in late July
    • Late-July: your Dome is at an outbound port, waiting to be delivered to Australia where it will then go through customs processing in early August
    • Early August: your Dome is in production
    • Early September: your Dome will start production soon

If your batch is currently tracking a little behind schedule, this is due to the issues at international ports as above and we apologise for any disappointment caused. We are working hard to get your order to you as quickly as possible.

• Mid October update :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

"Dear Gozney Dome Customer

Thank you for your patience. Having now received an update from our Australian warehouse team, we now understand the scale of a staff shortages they are experiencing and the knock-on effects with regards to delivery of your Dome.

Some of the staff currently affected by Covid19 are expected back on 22nd October and it’s looking unlikely that they will be able to source temporary staff to support before then. This means dispatch of your Dome could begin from 22nd October, depending on your order number within the batch. However, they won’t be up to full staff capacity until up to a week later meaning dispatches will be slower than planned.

We expect that all Domes will have been sent to customers by 8th November latest.

We request that you do not contact us regarding your position within this batch of Domes - dispatches are being processed in order number. You will receive an email with tracking info on once your Dome has been dispatched to you and we are unable to affect the order in which this will happen.

We are very frustrated that this delay has happened (as we understand you are too) - it’s been a real struggle to get the Domes to our Australian warehouse (delays at outbound ports, severe weather then also delaying shipping etc) and to then finally have stock arrive into our warehouse and be told there is no staff there to ship it out… we can only apologise and promise you we’re doing everything in our power to get you your Dome as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

The Gozney Team."

In other words, we signed up for the "priority list" 1 year ago, we "bought" the Dome on the 28th April and paid full price for it, my batch was due to ship mid July, we are now 3 months later and they are just asking us NOT to contact them regarding this mess... :mad as: :mad as: :mad as:

• I guess that they have been copping some real angry people chasing their grills.

Its not ideal. But unfortunately that's the reality with this COVID stuff.

They have been reasonably honest however in terms of what delays they are experiencing.

Anybody tried to buy a 4WD lately ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Hi James,

That's how I used to see it, trying to be positive and remain patient, but I do not think I have got any patience left for them anymore.

IMHO they could have been way "more" honest if they admitted back in April that this was a crowd funding sale an that no ovens were available on launch day (Launch day that was delayed 2 months due to "production" delays). Then, 3 months ago, we received another email that ,apart from the usual 2-week delay update, informed us that one of the included accessories(ashtray module) will be different than the one advertised with the actual product, and that "one day" they will ship the correct module to us free of charge(we are still waiting for an update on this).

Then, the fortnightly updates we have been receiving for the last 4 months were more or less a copy paste of the previous email with just the dates changed.

Not only that ,but while we were all been patiently waiting for the container to arrive to Australia(delays with shipping date, Covid, hurricanes etc), they did not even consider ( or they knew but decided to say nothing until last minute?) of checking with their Australian warehouse whether they have the capacity to post the ovens to their final destination.

Anyway, there is not much we can do at this stage other than wait and hope that we will receive the Dome before the summer ends :)

• Hi dimmy,

I was hoping we could have a pizza birthday party for my niece and goddaughter early September, but at least I had the lockdown to blame. Then, it was my wife’s birthday late September, missed that opportunity too. Now, lockdown is gone and my daughter will be 3 on the 31/10, but no pizza plans yet due to more delays :(

At this stage, I will be happy if the oven arrives before Xmas 🤪

What an awesome looking pizza oven! You'll be the envy of the neighbourhood!

I'm sure it's going to crank out a lot of awesome looking and tasting pizzas (once you receive it).

• No matter how good a product it can be, that is really poor effort and lack of transparency on part of Gozney. To not have the product made or at least in production when sales commenced was always going to cause issues, and to not have made that clear before the sale is dodgy.

As for the "we couldn't get staff to ship it", I call BS. All during lockdown, I have been able to get my products into the country and shipped around Aus. I will admit, getting containers in the last few months out of Asia has been a monumental pain (and a ridiculously high cost), but they are still getting in.

• I agree they need better customer service than that.

I understand the issues they are probably facing.

One of our major suppliers just told us to expect major product delays. We already know about the issues with cost of raw materials and delays in Shipping (as well as price increases) but now, power shortages:

"Whilst all the previous issues causing delays out of China have not abated, the worsening power supply shortage which is only enabling factories to work between 2-3 days a week, has further impacted their ability to manufacture product and ship in a timely fashion."

Expect some headaches and price increases for at least the next year.

One of my close contacts in the Meat Supply industry says to expect a minimum 25% increase in the cost of meat before Xmas.

• expect a minimum 25% increase in the cost of meat before Xmas.

I've already started seeing it in the shops. And there's no doubt lots of companies are doing it very very tough. It sounds like their main problem is comms.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!