What are you cooking - June

• You all know the drill......

3 Pics max, one post per cook.

Posts with more detail are preferred and should be in the other sections of this forum. Particularly new methods and posts with more detail on the process.

And yes, :w

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• The monthly batch of jerky to keep the kids happy.

This time I remembered to weigh at different stages. Came up with the following:

Original weight - 1728g

Trimmed of fat and sinew - 1311g

Final jerky weight - 430g

So basically about 1/4 of starting weight and 1/3 of trimmed weight. I dehydrate mine so it's very chewy - obviously if you made it softer you would have a higher return percentage.

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• davo67 So are you just providing a smoke flavour in the pellet grill or are you dehydrating it in the also ?? What temp?

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• Both. About 150f. Takes about 8 hours. The meat is reasonably thick. No 4 on my deli slicer. Prob 2-3mm I'm guessing.

2018 Weber Genesis (jets drilled for more power "Tim the Toolman" style)  Weber Gold Kettle Companion Pizza oven (gas) Bunnings $85 Jumbuck Charcoal Rotti GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• Pork rib rack and some lamb ribs for lunch today .

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• Got two bags of Weber briquettes for $16 so thought low and slow on the performer.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Nice - where did you pick up The Weber coals?

And the ribs look good :drool:

Never enough BBQ

• Coles Jamieson.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Post by Bruckster ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Big day

Bacon loin prep

Cold smoke salmon

Pork lunch

[3 Pics Max]

Never enough BBQ

• Lamb shoulder on the 560.

• Roast lamb and veggies on the Asmoke.

After an half an hour

and done, (before we added the essential gravy).

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• It has been so long, I do not remember the last time I cooked Baby Back ribs. Will do these the Fast Eddy style and go bone down @275° F for 3 hours. No look, no spray, no mop, no nothing. Will post a photo of finished product tonight! Using Oak & Maple wood!

fz03Eg4h.jpg

They are wafting in 200° Memphis Pro Smoke as we wait for the meatloaf to finish! I still got it Baby! I cut the last misshapen bone off the right end to make sure they are not poisonous and it was fine!

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Edited once, last by Bentley Meredith ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!