Starrett Knives, anyone used them, ebay link below

• So I was looking at possibly getting a couple of butchering knives and this link popped up. Just wondering if any of the brains trust has come across them?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20…2QjgKlEAQYAiABEgI5HPD_BwE

EDIT:

They do look similar to the Swibo etc knives.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Edited once, last by Wazza ().

• Don’t know about their knives but they make quality hole saws and other trade quality tools.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Agree with Bruckster there .

ive had starrett hole saws and they were decent quality.

For that price I might but my self some - 👍🏼

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• Their tooling and measuring equipment is good gear. A quick google search shows that they have multiple manufacturing locations, for the price I think these knives may come from their China or Brazil contingents.

I would think that Starrett would still maintain a level of quality control though. For the price I'd give them a run. Maybe not commercial quality but for a backyarder they are probably fine.

• Yeah I've used their micrometres and callipers. They do a bit of food grade stuff too, band saws etc.

I don't currently have a stone, and could do with another steel, it's quickly becoming a no brainer at that price, unless I can find some bad reports on them, which I'm not finding from my very quick searches.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I ordered some 👍🏼

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• I would think that Starrett would still maintain a level of quality control though. For the price I'd give them a run. Maybe not commercial quality but for a backyarder they are probably fine.

Am certain the quality would be of a high level.

They are promoting these to the wholesale trade also so I feel they would be up there on par to Swibo's etc....or why bother!

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.....ASmoke Grill.300....Masterbuilt 560.

• I just ordered a set.

• Any initial thoughts?

They look OK and don’t feel too bad in the hand.

Gonna cut of a whole topside and rump this weekend.

Never enough BBQ

• Well I happened to be outside when the courier rocked up to deliver them. He went through his van but couldn't find my parcel. Said he will be back when he finds it. :shrug:

• I cut up a whole 7kg rump today and they did a good job - sharp out of the kit but I did touch them up a few times with the steel.

Great value for the price IMO.

Time will Tell how they hold up. As long the wife doesn’t try use /wash Them I think they will be fine.

Never enough BBQ

• Mine arrived today so I guess they found my parcel after all.

Look pretty good so far but I've not used them yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!