Sous Vide at Coles

• Spotted this today. They also have a 2 pack of vac seal bags for $10 - these are 28cm.

Only +/- to 1 degree so may not be PID, but only eggs would care about that, 1300w so powerful enough. Might be good for someone wanting to dip in their toe but not willing yet to splurge for the likes of Anova.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Hi tipsy

Eggs are probably the only thing that can change in a less than 1 degree temp range. It was the rage a few years ago 63 degree eggs, I tried it a few times but didn't like the white, the yolk was fine. Anyway, and this may sound a bit tossy, I found that 63.7 degrees set that white just that touch more and I preferred it.

I don't know the Braumeister, but what worked and what didn't, there is a fair brains trust on here, so you may just get an answer?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Official Post

I gave up on sous vide eggs. Like Waz, I couldn't get the whitecset to my liking. If I did, then the yolk was over cooked.

I think the best thing about sous vide is the ability to reheat without drying the food out. Pulled pork, brisket and chicken come out great when reheated this way. And you don't need to worry about time either. One hour or two, it doesn't matter so that takes the pressure off getting everything ready at once.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Wow, I've got two anova's, but at that price I'm really tempted to get a third.

• Official Post

That's a bargain and a half ! Anyine who doesn't own one should grab one of these.

I reheated a half roast chicken in mine last night. I cooked the whole bird in the kamado a week ago, vac sealed half and reheated it by sous vide at 70c for just over an hour last night. Came out great. If you use it for noithing else, it's worth the $50 just as a reheater. Works great on pulled pork and brisket too.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!