Primo Rotissery attachement

• Casey (the importer) does not have an ETA for when the primo Rotissery attachement. I have also tried importing one from the dutch site that makes an attachment. They cancelled my order.

The single review I have read says the Dutch version is better quality than the Primo version. (Spit on Fire)

I have contacted a local (Perth) metal fabricator and they have given me an indication of $700 for the first attachment. However they also said this is for the first one, as there is a ton of initial set up.

I am wondering if there is any interest in anyone here coming on board with me to share the cost of the first attachement so that we can get one each, for less cost, sooner. Additional feel good is we are also supporting Aussie manufacturing. I have no idea why I did not think of this sooner.

I have the Primo XL 400, and am happy to work with the fabricator to get it correct, you just have to arrange the shipment and any other details with the manufacturer.

Happy to answer any questions. But I am really looking forward to being able to cook a rotisery bird or standing rib roast over the charcoal.

Please note, you will need to go to the big greens hed to get your own motor, shaft, and prongs.

Cheers,

Paul

Primo XL :bbq: - orange 1986 Webber Kettle - Broil King Royal Gas BBQ - Coolabah Pantera Gas BBQ - Webber go Anywhere - Cobb cooker. One or the other will be in use sometime soon. Loves using cast iron. :thumbup:

• :/:/

I might be interested but the price would need to be a fair bit cheaper.

I know a few metal fabricators so could ask but would need dimension for it.....

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• BBQbushy, Im happy for you to arrange me a quote, or put me in touch with one of your friends.

At the end of the day, I simply want a quality product.

Im happy to provide as many dimensions as needed. Happy for them to call me too.

Primo XL :bbq: - orange 1986 Webber Kettle - Broil King Royal Gas BBQ - Coolabah Pantera Gas BBQ - Webber go Anywhere - Cobb cooker. One or the other will be in use sometime soon. Loves using cast iron. :thumbup:

• CarpeSmoke if you know the dimensions I can run it by my mate , was thinking stainless steel fab, and then just make suit a gas mate motor and pole with prongs ??

Thoughts ? Ideas let me know?

I’ve had a look at some of the “spit on fire “ picture and they look good.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I will head out later today and get the dimensions for the outer art of the primo.

The Gasmate motor and pole with prongs is a great idea as it is available to all. It is what I have.

Jimmy70 whoever we get to make it for us, there will be sunk cost to design it, so the first one will always be more expensive, so if we can make it a group order that design cost is spread over a few.

• I'm keen on exploring this too. I was waiting to see how the Primo version would pan out but it looks like it might be ages before we can get it.

I've also heard since it only covers the front half of the oval shape, that it leaves a reasonable gap when the lid is closed, which you obviously don't want. This is a shame because I was really looking forward to the Primo version but I'm thinking it's not well designed in the end.

I have previously been in contact with a guy on Facebook who was doing a run of them. At the time he could do it for $350 (ring only and plus shipping) if there was an order of at least 8.

I never went through with it in the end as I wasn't prepared to pay that much at the time.

I found the video the guy sent me at the time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m6fs20…iew?usp=sharing

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• So the measurments are for BBQbushy

Width at widest 700mm

Width at narrowes 540mm

Width of the Ceramic walls all round is 20mm

It is not a pure oval, rather a circle cut in half with two straight peices in it.

Kookabanus reason I am posting it here, is so I can get a few people to place an order and we can all have an Aussie made version. Lets see if we can get this happening.

Paul

• Could be worth checking various aged XL's I note that the new Hinge won't fit 2014 or older Grills. I believe they are a slightly different size. :shrug:

Well that's what I was told when I enquired about the new Hinge.

I will check some measurements from mine over the weekend and come back to you all.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• For what it's worth if somebody wants to know all about Primo Xl

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews/pxl400/pxl400-4.htm

https://cdn.primogrill.com/cmss_files/att…ners-Manual.pdf

Rotisserie can be bought here ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2652139241…W8aAt3wEALw_wcB

I do remember seeing a picture of the XL Grills actual dimensions somewhere on the internet but I can't seem to track it down right now.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Jimmy, I just looked at your ebay link. Thank you. That comes in at around AUD465 so it is worth investigating having one made locally.
    I do see there exactly what Kookabanus says about the attachment not fitting properly. The Spit on Fire one looks so much better, pity they wont send to us here in Australia.

How much would anyone be prepared to pay the guy as a deposit so he can come back and say it is this much for so many each. What is the most anyone would be happy to budget for ring only rotissery?

Paul

• CarpeSmoke is this the mob you tried to order from ?

https://primogrill.nl/product/rotiss…ll-oval-xl-400/

I am also friends with Nick Bauer (CEO and now Owner of Primo) on Social media.

I will ask him why they went with the half piece design.

Will let you know.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Edited once, last by Jimmy70 (July 9, 2021 at 5:35 AM).

• Ok Nick got back to me.

They didn't want to get into a drawn out legal fight over an Oval vs Round wedge style Rotisserie for a Kamado as a patent is in place for that design in the US but not worldwide.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20130319258A1/en

This is probably why BGE does not have rotisserie accessories. I am not sure whether Joetisserie fits BGE :shrug:  Gumb might know.

Obviously given the size of the market that is the USA that would be a major driver for any new accessories. We down here are but a small part of the world market.

Getting back to the question of $$$$$ given that Joetisserie for the Big Joe is $499.00 I reckon see if the other place I listed in Netherlands would ship, there is also a place in Canada who sells the same thing.

https://friendlyfires.ca/products/primo…lgr-pgjrr-pgrr/

I just sent them an email asking if they ship worldwide so will let you know what they come back with.

Canadian $$$ is pretty much the same as ours so gives you a good comparison. Conversion is 1 AUD is 0.93 CAD. So this converts to $399 approx prior to shipping.

I am not totally against getting a locally made one done but if we are looking at $500 + for a local manufactured one I would probably not get one given when I had the Joetisserie on the Saffire I wasn't using it any where near what I initially thought I would. It is worth investigating though.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• I will take some photos of my primo and some measurements and head out to my Stainless steel metal fab bloke and see what he says.

I will take the video Kookabanus posted above to my guy and see if he can make something similar, that looks the simplest and easiest to make IMO

Cost wise I have no idea at his stage......

Probably wont happen till next week.....

I had seen the Canadian ones after googling. It would be interesting if they do ship to AUS.

Never enough BBQ

• Feedback from Nick Bauer for what it’s worth:

It’s probably a little better going full, but it’s not substantial. We aren’t slow cooking a rotisserie at 225 for 15 hrs. My bottom casting is cracked, I don’t have a gasket, and I have no trouble controlling my temps for 30 mins or an hour from 300-500

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Official Post

This is probably why BGE does not have rotisserie accessories. I am not sure whether Joetisserie fits BGE :shrug: Gumb might know.

It does. There are a number of YouTube vids showing them on a BGE. Just been to be aware of the two different sizes. The one I was looking at is for the standard Kamado Joe which fits the Large Egg. The other is for the Big Joe and fits the XL Egg. But I'd be checking the size at a local BBQs Galore before I ordered one, just to make sure.

But I'm thinking I'll pass on getting one. I can't see myself using the Joetiserrie enough. It seems like a lot of money ($399 for the Joetisserie) to cook a chook which both the Egg and the Primo do brilliantly anyway.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Correct Gumb and that is what i found with the Joetisserie on the Saffire.

For the $$$$ i was not using it enough. Don't get me wrong is was great to use but i was just not using it enough.

I will wait and see what pricing comes back from BBQbushy

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• There are at least 2 different places selling rotisseries out of the Netherlands. They are pretty much the same except one being black and one being raw stainless.

I have definitely seen a video of someone in Aus using the stainless one, so that one might be the one that ships over here.

Feedback from Nick Bauer for what it’s worth:

It’s probably a little better going full, but it’s not substantial. We aren’t slow cooking a rotisserie at 225 for 15 hrs.

Here I disagree, one of my favourite things to do on the joetisserie is ribs cooked at 225 while spinning. I would personally like to be able to hold those kind of temps while rotating stuff!

Jimmy70 I might look into that cart a bit and see if it can be packed down enough to ship. If it was too much hassle and $$ to ship it wouldn't be worth it. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Kookabanus last I spoke to him he was quick to say for $150 it’s yours and that was 3-4 weeks ago.

So he’s a motivated seller happy to go and see it for you and pick up / ship it to you if necessary. I reckon you would get it for $100. Let me know whether you need me to do anything.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!