Primo Rotissery attachement

• Official Post

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Further looking, I have found someone that has quoted me $200 for one. Anyone interested at all?

Primo XL :bbq: - orange 1986 Webber Kettle - Broil King Royal Gas BBQ - Coolabah Pantera Gas BBQ - Webber go Anywhere - Cobb cooker. One or the other will be in use sometime soon. Loves using cast iron. :thumbup:

• Official Post

That sounds very reasonable.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I very much doubt my guy could do it for less then 200.

Have you got any pictures?

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Further looking, I have found someone that has quoted me $200 for one. Anyone interested at all?

That sounds very reasonable. So he'd be making them and charging 200 a pop?

I'd be in for that!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• OK once he gets back to me with it, I will post pictures. He has my old cracked dome. Since replaced by Casey.

It will be a couple of weeks before he gets back to me , as he explained this is a backyarder for an apprentise job, so patience for me at this stage.

He has a plan for how he will work it all out. So here he will get it right. I explained everyhing needed, and how it all works.

I will keep you all informed.

It will be made from mild steel, not stainless. Even so, i am sure that it will work well.

Once I have the photos, I will post details here.

Paul

Primo XL :bbq: - orange 1986 Webber Kettle - Broil King Royal Gas BBQ - Coolabah Pantera Gas BBQ - Webber go Anywhere - Cobb cooker. One or the other will be in use sometime soon. Loves using cast iron. :thumbup:

• Yep I am in at that price.

If this works out Kookabanus you may have to sell that Royal ?

Yeah, if I can bring myself to... ;(

It will be made from mild steel, not stainless. Even so, i am sure that it will work well.

Hence the lower price I imagine. I guess this isn't really a problem. Maybe it would just need to be seasoned? or high temp paint? :shrug:

• I was thinking high temp paint, to make sure it is all good. But regular use and looking after it, well then we are sweet.

• The apprentice was / is having a bit of a struggle, however he has been around a couple of times and measured and checked. So far it is looking great. Looking forward to posting pics of it working, and spinning chooks.

• So it has finally arrived.
    I love it - it works great, and there is nothing like spinning meat.

Sure it is a little bit fragile and obciously home made, but I can spin meat, and the meat does not care how everything looks.

I needed go go to the big green hammer shed and buy a longer shaft, but other than that I had everything I needed.

it does leak a lot of smoke around the seal but really I am not to worried about that, as the smoke is going to happen anyway.

There are a couple of lugs on the front of the ring so it stays in place.

If any one wants the guys details let me know, via PM, and I will pass them on to you.

Paul

• I'm reviving this old thread just in case anyone else is interested. I've started looking around for rotisserie options for the Primo in the current climate.

It looks like the official Primo accessory is still a way off coming down here.

I still think the ones from the Netherlands look to be the best product available. I reached out to them to confirm shipping to Aus and they came back saying not only do they have a Aussie plug motor available but they can also ship 2 whole kits for the same price as one. So could be a potential saving there.

Are any other primo owners still interested in these or has the interest worn off?

• Jr rotisserie = 279.95/$417AUD

XL = 299.95/$447AUD

Shipping for one or both would be 45/$67AUD

So splitting the shipping would save a bit over 30 bucks as opposed to getting it alone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!