Beef fingers

• Found a bag of 'beef fingers' while doing a late night Spud Shed milk run. Im going to assume its intercostals? It looks a tad fatty but marbled to the max.

So of course I bought it. Rib meat minus the bones. Be mad not to.

Has anyone got any cooking techniques or recipes they can share?

• Yeah, intercostal, there have been a few posts on them so if you do a search you should find them. Sorry on the phone so searching does not always work well.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• ok, search not working well, I know I've put a post up about them but can't find it, I'll give admin the details on that.

Basically I smoked them, into bulgogi, then sesame. There is also a cook from UG doing KFB, Kentucky fried beef. Likely others too, anyway my pics

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Found a bag of 'beef fingers' while doing a late night Spud Shed

Have these been cooked yet?

• Not yet, we had a snap shutdown at work so I've been as busy as a one armed taxi driver with nits.

So they ended up in the freezer.

Currently defrosting now for a Sunday cook.

• Attempted sous vide in the thermomix for the first time. Vac packed with garlic, butter and a couple of chipotle jalapenos I did a few weeks back. Its pretty limited for real estate so I only did one pack. Kept at 55 degrees for about 5 hours, stepped up to 60 for another couple then up to 70 for 2 hours to make sure they were done. Chilled the bag and then removed the meat. Fat not fully rendered but broken down enough for the next stage. Would definitely benefit from a couple of days.

Marinated in a Bulgogi marinade (cheers for the suggestion Wazza ), then skewered over the GA and basted with marinade til done.

• And the verdict?

• Beautiful. Very rich but thats what makes it. I reckon I probably rendered 50 or 60% of the fat out, a big long stint in the sous vide would have sorted out the rest. But as a result it still maintained a form rather than pull apart, so was better for feeding onto skewers, so still a win.

• I never thought of putting them on skewers, I like the idea of that.

• So you have a recipe for making it, or do you just buy it and soak?

Used a commercial sauce as a base, thickened it, balanced it to taste.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!