• I realise this is highly subjective, but after reading a few threads here, i'm interested to know what everyones ideal combination of bbqs is?

One can never have too many, but everyone has a combination that seems to suit them.

For me it depends on the cook. If i've got time up my sleeve i'll run the stickburner as I like the flavour and the 'hands on' requirement.

If I have things to do during the day, or I need to go somewhere i'll run the drum smoker.

Or is there a golden combination that covers all bases?

We could be here a while......

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• I find with an Ozito charcoal starter that I haven't used my gasser in years, because I can light the charcoal in about the same time it takes to preheat a gas bbq.

I have a Weber kettle which I mostly use for searing steaks and high heat cooking where I don't need to worry about temperature so much, and the grate is closer to the fire = better for searing. I use my Akorn for anything where I need to control temperature, like roasts or low and slow.

This works for me, but definitely isn't the be all and end all for everyone

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• This Guy's place.

Which includes Wood fire oven, large gas bbq and oven. A large Parrilla. A kettle bbq. Spit or rotisserie. A pellet grill and a stick burner offset. Also Hibachi and a wok burner. Bar fridge. :thumbup:

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I rotate a fair bit but at the moment I’m using the PBC, Weber and Napoleon kettles weekly.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• A good gasser and a good kamado would do it all but my wife would divorce me if I sold the pizza oven.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• For me it is the Primo which gets used 5 nights per week. I do use the gasser though when there is TFB in my area, which happens in Summer, and I want the heat kept outside.

Primo XL :bbq: - orange 1986 Webber Kettle - Broil King Royal Gas BBQ - Coolabah Pantera Gas BBQ - Webber go Anywhere - Cobb cooker. One or the other will be in use sometime soon. Loves using cast iron. :thumbup:

• A gasser is pretty much a necessity in every back yard although mine rarely gets used now.

I would t give my Primo away unless someone gave me a new one. I do love a spit/ rota,

And the Webber can pretty much do it all.

For me primo , and Webber . Love my offset but it’s very time consuming,

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• since kids came along, the little time I get to light a fire it's usually the weber or the akorn.

In saying that, my preferred combo is still the offset and a kamado. The offset is still my fave. The kamado has the benefit of virtually set and forget cooking.

I really do need to get the offset lit again... although there's probably all sorts of wildlife living in it at the moment so it needs a clean out burn and re-seasoning before being cooked on... which isn't ideal when I'm already time poor 😅

On TFB days I always have the inside BBQ (AKA the oven)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!