COVID Lockdowns.

• Just a note to say I hope everybody is coping with the lockdowns if they are affecting you.

We will all get through this together and my personal belief is that Vaccination is the key to getting through this tough time.

Not everybody may agree with the above but vaccination is also a personal choice and again not everybody will agree with this either. :dunno:

We are all in this together so if anybody is struggling just jump on here and say hi.

I am sure we will all be happy to chat with no judgement or rudeness. :cheers:

Take care everybody and look after yourselves.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• Official Post

I like the offer of help to pass the time if anyone is struggling but please do not make this in to a political forum either for or against lockdowns or any politicians. We need to keep politics out of this forum.

On a persoanl note, I was at a lunch today with 47 people from our 4WD club and an hour ago one of the members rang me to say he had been contacted by the health dept and he is a close contact of a positive covid case from an aerobics class he attended yesterday. I haven't been contacxted yet but have had the not so good task of contacting all the other members tonight, and the hotel to let them know of the situation. I'll be off for a test in the morning and not go anywhere until I get a result. The close contact has been told to isolate for the full 14 days even if he returns a negative result. I'm not sure if that will apply to me and the other members but time will tell.

;(;(

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• If this question is not appropriate for this thread please delete it.

Can you all expand on what happens in the city/county/state and its residents with a lockdown?

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• South East Qld is in lockdown until 4pm Sunday. (hopefully).

This means no non essential travel. Stay at home. Essential travel must not be greater than 10 klm. and masks are mandatory. No visitors and no physical contact.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Official Post

Same in Victoria now, for at least 7 days. In total Bentley, 15 million people are in lockdown here.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Bentley Meredith All of Sydney is the same i believe with even tighter restrictions. Narm Naleg can probably answer that.

Delta Variant is running through the states of Vic, NSW & QLD at the moment. Not big numbers like over there but big numbers for us. NSW had 291, QLD had 10 & i am not sure about Vic.

Not a great number of the population are fully vaccinated which is an issue and is driving the lockdowns.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• So you can go to the pub, the store, the gym, you just can't go to surrounding areas?

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• Pub No Takeaway only, Restaurants No Takeaway only, Grocery store yes, Gym No.

Can go out to exercise but only within 10klm of home.

thats in QLD anyway.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Been in lockdown here in Sydney's west since the 26th of June now, with additional restrictions for my suburb added just yesterday since we are classed as an area of concern. So for me it's now a 5km limit, can't leave the council area I live in unless for essential reasons and have to wear a mask when outdoors.

Starting to get a tad boring, especially since I'm still out of a job (by choice I might add), only thing I can more or less do is "Netflix & chill".

As for the choice in sitting at home, I'm waiting till the better half has had her second Az shot and is as protected as she can be.

So you can go to the pub, the store, the gym, you just can't go to surrounding areas?

Least here in Sydney there's only 5 valid reasons to leave home....potential $1000 fine for breaking it.

No house visits allowed, in my area even the Jehovah's have started spreading their word by mail...so far got 2 letters mailed to the house complete with address and postage stamp...don't envy the poor sap that's had to lick all those stamps! <X

1: Essential shopping, lots of shops closed and some that still are open have gone to "click & collect"

2: Essential work. Bar's closed, food service is takeaway only, hairdressers closed and so on.

3: Exercise. Gym's closed and only allowed to exercise outdoors with 1 other person not from the same house.
    4: Compassionate visits

5: Medical appointments

• Feel for everyone on the east coast. We dodged a bullet out west at the start of the delta outbreak with the short 4-day lockdown. We currently have no restrictions really other than signing in at venues and stores (which I notice most people aren't really bothering with, unfortunately).

Think it's only a matter of time until we have another outbreak here. WA has the benefit though of being rather spread out with a small population so we will probably be able to manage with the short, sharp lockdown tactic until enough of the population is vaccinated.

Missing out on a work trip to Houston this week, so would really like for this pandemic to bugger off so I can start getting on planes again.

• Whole of NSW in lockdown now and Sydney extended another month. Come midnight tonight my local area will hit curfew status, 9pm to 5am and no more than 1 hours exercise a day outdoors.

Stepson & family got hit with 14 day quarantine yesterday as one of his close workmates turned up at work at the start of the week coughing and spluttering for a 2 days before being kicked off site for a test. Positive of course! Their first test since has come back negative but will need 2 more tests and sit out the 14 days regardless of results.

• Same in Canberra, hopefully reopening on the 2nd. We’re in a 14 day quarantine as 2 positive cases at my daughters primary school. Interesting times!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Look at the UK.

Have you seen the categories, does the vaccine make you mad???

Vegetable / tofu, and hot dog?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• What annoys me at the moment is that the rest of the world is essentially open and still we are persisting with lockdowns.

We see no real coverage of how the rest of the world is going.

I hope at 70-80% vaccinated that we just open back up again. I hope that the Premiers of WA and QLD fi ally see that we are all Australians firstly.

I know this is a bit of a political post and maybe it should be moved to the "what p#%% me off" thread.

Delete if not appropriate.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• The hardest part of our 7 day circuit breaker lockdown is the 3rd and 4th week. :censored:

Comments on being locked down are OK but nothing political please.

• Just shows you what happens to people after Covid extended lockdowns

Likely had the wrong vaccine, or the UK somehow mixed in some vegan tendencies into their supply. 8o

Fed up waiting for a spot for Phizer so signed myself up for Az instead, had my first jab Friday. So far nothing but slight discomfort, sore arm and a nice red swelling around the injection site in the way of side effects. :cheers:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!