Anyone know the Saffire contact for Australia?

• I'm looking for some lid hinge springs for my Kamado and I think the one for the Safire will fit. The Safire website said there's a dealer in Australia but doesn't mention who it is.

• Try these guys.

For all your Weber & BBQ Accessories and Outdoor Furniture
    Looking to upgrade your old BBQ? Need some cover by the poolside? Maybe spice up those boring old steaks? We've got it all at Heat & Grill (03) 9429 6888.
    www.heatgrill.com.au

They had some old spare parts for my old Saffire a couple of years ago the chip feeder etc… was old stock but they still had it.

Worth a shot.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• 12x7 , I'm going to upgrade my whole set up on the BGE and you are welcome to the old springs if you want them. They work fine and I'm happy to post them but have to wait until the hinge set arrives as it's currently out of stock. Hopefully it will be here in a week or two.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• 12x7 , I'm going to upgrade my whole set up on the BGE and you are welcome to the old springs if you want them. They work fine and I'm happy to post them but have to wait until the hinge set arrives as it's currently out of stock. Hopefully it will be here in a week or two.

Thanks Gumb. Please send when you're ready.

• BBQs Galore near me is one store I can walk around looking at stuff and not be bothered by any sales people even asking me if they can assist ! They are generally too busy having a social chat at the counter.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• 12x7

Changed the title of the thread from “Anyone know the Safire contact for Australia?” to “Anyone know the Saffire contact for Australia?”.
  • Need to find an old one somewhere or ask them to send some via international shipping ?

Other alternative is if you know somebody in the states they can facilitate it for you ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• I wonder if it's worth sending a broken spring to these guys to see if they have a repalcement to match.

Tension Springs Suppliers Sydney Australia | Call us @ 02 4389 1411
    Jubilee Springs is a leading Tension Spring manufacturer and supplier in Australia. Check out our products and contact us today
    www.jubilee-springs.com.au

The springs on my BGE are 80mm from the tip of each end. They are pretty old so i'm not sure if they'll do the job for you and last.

I'm waiting for a call back about availability of the new BGE hinges. I could also ask them about a set of springs at the same time if that helps.

• The complete band kit from BGE is $250, Springs are $15 but not sure if they are right, the older ones were!

Once upon a time when everybody used to copy BGE you could interchange bits which is why I figured when Gumb offered to send me his old springs from his BGE they would be good to try on my KJ.

The BGE springs price is about right and similar to the old KJ price and current Saffire US price.

If the experiment with Gumb's springs work I will know I can give you a call to get some BGE springs.

• I got a call back today and the replacement hinge set for the BGE is still not here and now not expected for another 4-5 weeks. :(

• I got a call back today and the replacement hinge set for the BGE is still not here and now not expected for another 4-5 weeks. :(

Covid is making a real mess of moving things around. Lots of delays all over the place.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!