• I have a Ziggy twin. Had it for a few years, not entirely sure how long exactly. Lately I have felt like it's not getting hot. The visual difference of flame between low and high seems minimal... Last night, the wife noticed it too. Wondering if anyone else has had an issue...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• The difference in the flame between high and low on my Ziggy portable is marginal as well, which is why I use a second control valve in the line toi tame it down.

First thing I'd check is the thermometer, is it reading correctly ? Dip the end in boiling water to check that it shows 100c.

I assume you'ce cleaned out all the gas holes with a paper clip ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• maybe a regulater problem too ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yep, the flat looking bit. But if there's decent gas flow, I can't see why the BBQ wouldn't get hot. It's not like there are any moving parts to go wrong.

• I'll have to do what you lads suggest. I went back to BBQ Galore to ask a few questions and it appears none of the 3 staff have any idea about product they actually sell...

• Ray C you seem surprised ?

I'll have to do what you lads suggest. I went back to BBQ Galore to ask a few questions and it appears none of the 3 staff have any idea about product they actually sell...

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I'll have to do what you lads suggest. I went back to BBQ Galore to ask a few questions and it appears none of the 3 staff have any idea about product they actually sell...

Once upon a time they were a lot better. I remember the local manager was a BBQ enthusiast. She could speak for hours about her Kamado Joe and what she cooked the other day.

Went into the new flashy store at Westfield recently. The new shop staff were clueless.

• Ray C you seem surprised ?

I was a bit... Bunbury has new owners, very little knowledge and their want to assist me was non existent. I have contact Ziegler & Brown directly to express my displeasure and see exactly what they can do for me, after all, the unit has a 7 year warranty and i haven't had it 7 years...

• Have you checked the thermometer yet ?

• I can't see how it can go bung unless the gas flow has been restricted. The holes are clean as you said and the BBQ is just a solid body so nothing can go wrong there. Are you having trouble doing a roast or getting the temperature up ?

• I'm with Gumb and the others here. Gas bbqs are prettie simple, heat = amount of gas in. My money is on regulator or blocked jets.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Any update on this Ray C

• Any update on this Ray C

Just last weekend i stripped it down, scrubbed everything and put some fine wire in the jets... Not much too report other than to say i'm nearly over it and am looking at replacing it with something else. It has been a good q, but alas, the end is nigh for her i think.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!