When you have a choice.

• So I am camping down at Oriellys for Friday and Saturday.

Chicken skewers last night for dinner and steak tonight.

Wife sends me on mission to cook the skewers and away I go to camp kitchen

I am then presented with a choice.

Thank god for the heat lie which nobody else used.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• HEATLIE are good but why didn’t choose to cook over fire if your camping ??

😜😂

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

Edited 2 times, last by BBQbushy ().

• Was a pretty busy spot and being in a National park was not able to have a fire. :(

The shared fire pit was ridiculously busy. So just went with the heatlie.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Did you also cook the steak on the flat top? If so, how did you cook it? Have not pan seared a steak in a while, and even when I did, I finished in oven after the Maillard reaction, was done. Would think is would be a lot of turning on a flat top?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• yes to the steak on the flat top.

Simply turned and checked Internal temp with thermapen. They were thin steaks say 3/4 of an inch.

Incidently the thermapen died after i had finished cooking.

Thought it was the battery but changed it when i got home and it still does not work.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Thought it was the battery but changed it when i got home and it still does not work.

Hmmm...strange....did the tip hit the hotplate by any chance? :dunno: .

Jimmy70 give me a call pls mate if you still have my digits. :thumb up:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• Most have 2 batteries, did you check both? One on top of the other! I guess I should ask which you have? I guess the new Mk 4 are just 1 AAA and my old "regular" Thermapen takes 2 of the big round ones.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• So put a new battery in again to see whether it would start working and as I was putting the back on it started working. Ok so tightened the screw and tried again (opened and closed probe) no not working. :mad as:

Hmmm pulled apart again. Took battery out and put in again and accidentally dropped it onto counter in kitchen. :huh:

Put battery back in and it came on as I was screwing back on. Ok opened and closed 4 times and it works fine. :shrug:

Maybe loose wire I don’t know but let’s see how we go.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Have you tried banging it with a hammer like I do to fix stuff? Sorry to hear it, the are not cheap!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!