Sous vide - about time I buy one

• How can you just do yolks after you've cracked the egg ? In a bag ?

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• How can you just do yolks after you've cracked the egg ? In a bag ?

Can't say I thought it through to be honest :) because they could easily burst.

Maybe in a jar full of water which takes the place of the egg? I'm thinking you could do 5 to 10 that way.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• A yolk in a zip lock bag dipped in water to seal it could work. I don't think the pressure would break it.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• I was thinking 64 c maybe.

And maybe 5 min less .

I will Play around and keep reporting back…

Thanks all👍🏼

Did see another recipe 75c for 13min.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• After an hour at 63, you could crack the egg over a hot pan to catch the white, and it wouldn't be hard to separate the rest of the white from the yolk.

Maybe you could separate the whites and yolk, sous vide the yolk and do a cloud egg with the white, then put the yolk on to of the cloud egg?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Do they taste better doing this?

Been eating fresh eggs from the neighbours, fried in toast and they are sensational!

I’m definitely gonna get a sous vide but it’s not gonna be for eggs.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• The yolk is amazing, the issue is getting the white set.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• maybe a blast wiith my Searzall would fix that ? :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!