DIY Curing Chamber.

• I’m really wanting to get into curing my own meats making salami and cold smoking a lot more..

So being stuck at home in quarantine has got me thinking a lot about making a curing chamber- I liked the lookout DevilsGrill one so have decided to make my own.

I have ordered the InkBird thermometer and humidity controller.

And have ordered a humidifier separately..

Haven’t bothered with a dehumidifier as of yet because it’s doesn’t really get that humid in Canberra . Time will Tell I probably will get one.

And have just found on gummy a large 430L full fridge to get this project started.

Hopefully next week once I can get out pick up the fridge and the eBay orders start arriving I can start my build 👍🏼

I found a great site - eatcuredmeat.com

Lots Of great info and He does An online course that I plan on doing in the next few days.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Picked up the fridge and it works 😁

The InkBird controllers Both turned up Too.

Just waiting on the humidifier and I can get this thing curing.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Made a piece of Italian speck today - in the fridge curing ready to be hung and smoked in a couple weeks .

Never enough BBQ

• Had a fail with the fridge this arvo.

Tried putting a 1/8 screw to hold the temperature monitor , and just my luck hit a copper pipe and it spewed all the gas out.

FAAARRRR. OUT!! :cursing: :mad as: :mad as: :mad as: :censored: :censored:

Got a fridgy mate reckons he can fix it but just ruined my arvo!!

Have cut around the pipe in readiness for the repair 🥲

Never enough BBQ

• That sucks!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!