Kamado Joe Kettle Joe

• Anyone seen the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe in the flesh?

It's made of metal.

Kamado Joe Website

Kettle Joe™
    Kamado Joe® continues its innovation with the Kettle Joe™ – a 22 inch kettle grill with unique ceramic cooking features that improve heat retention, fuel…
    www.kamadojoe.com

Video review

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A lot less heat retention,

Be interesting to see the price ? Are they even released yet in Aus ?

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Really just a komodo but isn't it? Has a ceramic firebox like one.

It looks like a Dragon/Akorn kamado with ceramic undies rather than metal ones. It would be interesting to see what the heat retention is like in it. I imagine it will be sort of cool outside at the bottom with the ceramics and hot at the top having single skin metal?

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• Akorn 20" main grill vs Kettle Joe 22" main grill.

314 square inch vs 380 square inch. Kettle Joe has 21% more cooking area on main grate.

$549 vs $999. Kettle Joe is 82% more expensive than the Akorn.

A Weber Kettle with 22" main grill is $329. Akorn is 67% more expensive. Kettle Joe is 203% more expensive.

• for me at that end it would be an Akorn all day.

I get what they are trying to achieve but leave Weber to what they are good for and KJ to what they are good for.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• Looks like a kamado designed by a committee.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I think smokin dad bbq did a cook on one in a YouTube video. I watched a different video where he was referring to a cook on the kettle Joe where it used a lot more charcoal but the smoke flavour was better, so he was experimenting with running the ceramic kj hotter to get cleaner smoke.

• Interesting how he uses the Big Joe extender to sit the water tray.

Also interesting is like a kettle people are using water trays to help keep the meat moist.

A 17 hour cook to test out low and slow.

Kettle Joe Brisket! Amazing overnight Kamado Joe Kettle Joe Texas style brisket (17hr first cook)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Confusing messaging from KJ. My assumption was they would want it positioned low price to draw people to the brand and upsell the Classic / compete with Weber etc. But really don't like the dilution of the brand and confusing price point. Agree with you all; would go with alternate. 100% agree w. Gumb about designed by committee. Just.... not quite right.

~ Kamado Joe ~ Weber Smokey Joe ~ Weber Baby Q ~

• Confusing messaging from KJ. My assumption was they would want it positioned low price to draw people to the brand and upsell the Classic / compete with Weber etc. But really don't like the dilution of the brand and confusing price point. Agree with you all; would go with alternate. 100% agree w. Gumb about designed by committee. Just.... not quite right.

Slowly but surely we are seeing the rise of the metal Kamado vs the ceramic. We see Kamado like the Akorn, Dragon and Keg and people realise they can cook just as good as a ceramic and being insulated, much lighter and generally tougher as advantages. I also get the feeling they're also quite a bit cheaper to produce.

Kamado Joe have three models in the classic. Compared to the Classic II and III the Kettle Joe is way cheaper with more grill area. Americans love to grill/broil and the Kettle Joe seems a good fit to that lifestyle,

I suspect the committee who designed the Kettle Joe were also the same committee who created wood panel station wagons.

• I haven't looked at this one in detail, but based on the comments it sounds like an interesting proposition to me.

Kamados are great because their insulation reduces the amount of fuel needed and in turn the airflow and related moisture loss. Where this can cause some issues is in cooking overly moist food. For example the difficulty in achieving pork crackling in comparison to a kettle.

This one potentially allows you to cook more like a kettle, but with the addition of a well designed thermal blanket could also cook like a kamado.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• That's a fair point although, since I started salting the pork rind uncovered in the fridge over night, getting crackling on the kamado has been easy. Before that it was definitely touch and go.

• Slowly but surely we are seeing the rise of the metal Kamado vs the ceramic. We see Kamado like the Akorn, Dragon and Keg and people realise they can cook just as good as a ceramic and being insulated, much lighter and generally tougher as advantages. I also get the feeling they're also quite a bit cheaper to produce.

Kamado Joe have three models in the classic. Compared to the Classic II and III the Kettle Joe is way cheaper with more grill area. Americans love to grill/broil and the Kettle Joe seems a good fit to that lifestyle,

I suspect the committee who designed the Kettle Joe were also the same committee who created wood panel station wagons.

Yep totally agree 12x7 and I guess there's no accounting for taste cos i like those wagons ;)

~ Kamado Joe ~ Weber Smokey Joe ~ Weber Baby Q ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!