Direct Grilled Jacks Creek Scotch

• Sometimes I just can't resist lashing out on a really good (i.e expensive) bit of meat and spotting this 290g Wagyu X scotch was one of those times.

At $120/kg and $34.80 for one steak, the pressure is on not to stuff it up !

So the weapon of choice was thr Big Green Egg with the grate low over a hot charcoal base.

Grilling involved lots of flipping, closing the lid, opening the lid, flipping and turning until it was about 125f internal and rested unwrapped for about 5 minutes.

As hoped, this one came out perfect and just slicing it in to two sections (the larger one for me, the smaller one for her), the knife went through like it was melted butter. no resistance at all.

Served with a mix of baked (and par boiled) potato wedges, mushrooms, olives, capsicum and onion topped off with some grated cheese.

Not your everyday priced meal but as a treat it was amazingly good.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Nice, but there’s no way I’d be sharing that!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Harmony in the household demands some sacrifce. :)

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• There are 2 chances of me getting something like that on my plate with my lot.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• yes, sometimes theres an advantage to being older and having kids who have all left home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!