Quail on the spit

• 10 quails on a spit.

Sage, rosemary, oregano.

Garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper.

Mirin, soy sauce and a little sesame oil.

Blend.

Marinade the whole quail.

On the spit, first at a distance from the fire, finished close to the coals and brushed with the left over marinade. Served with home made roasted potato wedges.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• That looks amazing !!!!!

I used to love shooting these in the paddocks then eating them :drool:  :bbq:

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Thanks Bushy. These were from Costco and I must say came out so tasty! The spit approach kept all the moisture in the bird and I find it very satisfying to pick through them for every last morsel.

As usual I couldn't be bothered getting the plating/look right as by then I just want to eat.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• How much were they at Costco? I'm pretty sure I've never seen them in my local Costco.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• How much were they at Costco?

Can't remember exactly, but ballpark was $29 with a $6 discount which brought them down to the early twenties (so only a few bucks per quail).

That's the second time I've bought them from Costco in the last few months. Definitely a new addition though, first time I saw them was earlier this year. In the fridge next to the chicken packs.

• I see you skewered them sideways instead of up the cavity. Was that jus

Yes, I saw it on YouTube and thought it was a good idea. It allows to tuck the legs into the body and rest against the spit bar. Avoiding them getting dry.

Also this way I was able to fit all 10 onto a single spit.

• Managed to get the whole flock with one arrow. Nice shot, Robin Hood would be proud!

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• Not to high jack the thread.....but I love Quail.......have never cooked before though.......mine usually come cooked. from the local Chinese chop shop.

I have been trying to get some Costco ones for ages but geez they are hard to come by........until my neighbour struck gold last week for me........2 packs of 10 thank you....@ $29.00 Pk. FYI .

Went for an indoor cook on my first ones as I wanted to get them right.....used a Vietnamese style marinade and pan fried these tasty little birds to perfection if I do say........absolutely delicious! :yum) :yum) :yum).....Served with an Asian salad.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!