Quail on the spit

• 10 quails on a spit.

Sage, rosemary, oregano.

Garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper.

Mirin, soy sauce and a little sesame oil.

Blend.

Marinade the whole quail.

On the spit, first at a distance from the fire, finished close to the coals and brushed with the left over marinade. Served with home made roasted potato wedges.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• That looks amazing !!!!!

I used to love shooting these in the paddocks then eating them :drool:  :bbq:

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• Thanks Bushy. These were from Costco and I must say came out so tasty! The spit approach kept all the moisture in the bird and I find it very satisfying to pick through them for every last morsel.

As usual I couldn't be bothered getting the plating/look right as by then I just want to eat.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• How much were they at Costco? I'm pretty sure I've never seen them in my local Costco.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• How much were they at Costco?

Can't remember exactly, but ballpark was $29 with a $6 discount which brought them down to the early twenties (so only a few bucks per quail).

That's the second time I've bought them from Costco in the last few months. Definitely a new addition though, first time I saw them was earlier this year. In the fridge next to the chicken packs.

• I see you skewered them sideways instead of up the cavity. Was that jus

Yes, I saw it on YouTube and thought it was a good idea. It allows to tuck the legs into the body and rest against the spit bar. Avoiding them getting dry.

Also this way I was able to fit all 10 onto a single spit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!