Grilled Barra in the BGE

• Fired up the BGE tonight and used one of my Grill Gates as a deflector/griil. We par boiled the spuds and coated them in oil while the main fare being the barramundi was lightl;y coated with rice bran oil and salted with a herbal infused sea salt.

I got the BGE up to about 170c and put the fish and spuds on together. The spuds were virtually cooked so they just needed browning.

I turned the barra a couple of times and took them out when internal was around 160f. (yes, I know I'm using both c and f but that's how I like to go).

Came out great and the fish especially was very moist. It's hard to beat charcoal and a kamado for a slight smokey flavour and keeping in the moisture.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• No but I wish. It was fresh from NT bought at a special fish supplier, not a supermarket product.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!