Flat pancetta, guanciale, bresaola, salamini, Roman sausages, Lonza - Best ever

• I recently bought some bulk deli meats from DePalma Salumi. They were kind enough to give me a tour of their facility a few years ago and I came away super impressed. They have real passion and dedication to make the best Italian salumi in Australia. These guys use traditional methods and I can attest that they are as good as the really good stuff in Rome. They've been my goto for the last 3/4 years.

I usually put in a large yearly order and this was my biggest yet. Check out some of the haul.

Flat pancetta. This for me rates as the best I've ever had. The entire piece was around 3kg:

Last night I made a couple of focaccias. One focaccia hot from the oven was topped with thinly sliced pancetta. The residual heat is enough to melt the fat and make it go transparent:

Roman sausages:

I cooked a pack (approx 1.5Kg) in the pellet BBQ, then cut them roughly and spread on top of the second focaccia:

A few more deli meats follow.

I can't speak highly enough of this Bresaola (cured beef). It's amazing:

Guanciale, a very nice, relatively big and thick piece (very rare find in Oz). Check out the ingredients:

Norcia salamini (cacciatorini). One of my boys' (and mine) favourites:

Finally, as they didn't have Capocollo in stock (cured pork neck) which is my favourite sliced meat of all time, I tried some Lonza. Also excellent:

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• Very nice ,

My plan is to start making a lot of that stuff myself soon….

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• One focaccia hot from the oven was topped with thinly sliced pancetta.

I could happily sample all of that, but the focaccia with the pancetta really got me intrigued, how was it?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• the focaccia with the pancetta really got me intrigued, how was it?

It was excellent and got smashed in no time.

The focaccia itself was nice, the pancetta topping took it to another level.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!