What are you cooking - September

• Geez, I must be getting old. It's September and I totally forgot the new thread. Oh well, time catches up with us all I guess.

Usual rules, 3 pics max, one post per cook.

But don't forget, we really like more detailed posts in the other areas of this forum too.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Father’s Day lunch .

Pulled lamb about 15 hr overnight in the primo with roast potatoes, Colli and broccoli cheese bake

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Jumbuck pizza oven, 5 Burner beefmaster

• A chook and veg on the 560.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Another friend celebrating 1 year of Sobriety tomorrow. He asked for a Peach Cobbler, so there is the 1st Peach Cobbler I have ever made. Kind of tough giving someone something you have never made before and not being able to taste it before hand. On the other hand I would not know what good Peach Cobbler taste like anyway!

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• Sunday night is roast night and one of our favourites is chicken on the BGE.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Fish and chips, one of my favourite meals. That looks great Yukkie.

• Very rare to find someone who knows how to cook good fish n chips here. The chips end up being french fries instead of proper chips, and the fish, well you can usually forget that.

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

• Roo fillet for dinner tonight. I'm a bit slack with photos atm but this was sous vide @ 49C and then seared on the Akorn Jr. I also roasted some pumpkin on the Jr before the sear.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• He's in America Yukkie and his comment refers to making fish and chips over there, which doesn't sound like they do it very well.

• What I call Chicken "Dagwood Drumsticks"......just a maryland with the thigh bone removed.

You can do a lot with these.....like "Ham" them up for a great beer snack!

Today for something different I went with half a Pre smoked jalapeno & Cheese snag from Costco rolled into the thigh end.

Dusted with some Meat Graffiti MVP and into the Z Grill at 190c for an internal of 76c.

Also did roast spuds in the Zed and served with a side of salad. :yum)

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• I cold smoked a couple of chicken breasts for about an hour and then cooked them on Grill Grates on the Ziggy.

• Pepperoni & Genoa Salami w/generous amounts of Pecorino Romano! Meh! They would of Loved it I am sure in Stalingrad in 43'!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!