Direct Grill Scotch on the BGE

• This was tonight';s dinner, a grass fed scotch fillet direct over charcoal on the BGE.

I used our favourite Big Red Meat Rub (olive oil based) which I applied lightly the day before and then vac sealed.

The BGE was lit and left to get up to an internal of about 200c. The spuds were par boiled and then placed over the charcoal to get them browned up.

After a while, I added the steak. The Grill Grate was there in case I needed to move anything away from too much heat, which i did with the spuds but not the steak.

And my usual method of flipping and turning quite often, with the lid shut in between times.

I didn't take long to get to an internal of 125f at which point it was removed and rested uncovered for about 5 minutes.

It was for me both of us so I sliced in in two, but of course, I get the biggest piece. ;)

I was a bit worried that it would be underdone for my other half but she loved it.

Served with home made coleslaw and sour cream on the spuds.

Yum. :yum)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Looks good Gumb. Any reason why you didn't cook the steak on grill grates too?

I wanted as much direct heat and sear as I could get. The aim was a hot and fast cook.

Big steak!

I was hungry. :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!