Grill Dome in Australia

• Ok what can you all tell me about Grill Dome ?

I know that they don’t have a dealer in Aus anymore and whilst you can get spares it’s an import from USA and that just kills it.

Will other grills part fit etc… ?

Does anybody know ?

I guess I am asking as if somebody Google searches this post will come up. So it becomes a good resource in people’s searches.

There are still some about in Aus and they randomly come up second hand.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• Egg BBQ ? he's obviously not employed as a copywriter in an advertising agency. ^^

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Ok this just came up.

Urban Griller what am I looking at in terms of BGE bits to fit it in terms of firebox, deflector etc… will the BGE bits fit this smaller grill ?

Looking at this for my sons first grill.

Grill dome kamodo cooker | BBQ | Gumtree Australia Brisbane South East - Wishart | 1281318510
    Grill dome brand kamodo style bbq The height is approx 60cm The external diameter is approx 40cm The grill diamater is approximately 32cm Its got a few…
    www.gumtree.com.au

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Funny you should say that 12x7 as guess what happened today ?

Second hand $350. A little more than I wanted to pay but if you look at the top vent you can see how little it has been used.

I reckon approx 10 - 20 times.

I will give it a burn tomorrow.

I think my son will be very happy when he has this out the back of his first home.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Good buy. I have an Akorn. Your son will really like it. Did you get the charcoal baskets as well? If you did that's an added bonus.

• 12x7 yep got the baskets as well that’s them on the shelf on the left in the first pic above.

Young bloke wanted a Akorn Jr originally but I thought about it and this would suit him better. As you know always better to get a bigger grill for those couple of times you need it.

Kept my eyes on Marketplace again and this came up today.

It was a quick trip out your way werewolf for pick up (1 hour) but worth it.

I have a maverick ET733 which I will give him for if and when he wants to smoke something and I won a Instaread thermo in a Father’s Day competition.

I will pick him up some charcoal and starters etc… and he is all set to go.

A good housewarming present for him.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Edited once, last by Jimmy70 ().

• Charcoal baskets as well. What a score. Have a think about getting a weber kettle 7441 grill to put where the deflector sits. You can cook real close to the charcoal. You can also put a cast iron pizza pan there on the 7441 to use as a deflector when the ceramic one breaks. You can also put charcoal higher up so it’s closer to the main grate. With the baskets you can experiment with two zone cooking.

• Ok obviously guy I bought it from has either cleaned it with oil or something :shrug: Probably oil as smoke is white and acrid.

Put some charcoal in it and fired it up smoke is pouring out but that’s ok.

Have moved it out the back to burn all of it out will just leave it until smoke has cleared. Sitting at 500f at the moment. Bonus is I will season grill on the way through.

30 mins in and smoke has cleared.

Will pretty much just leave it for two hours at a hot temp to make sure the internals are all clean.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Ok guys I need some help.

Can anybody find me a Weber 7441 charcoal grate anywhere ?

Went to a Weber store and they only had the new one with the indentations in it.

Happy to pay shipping etc….

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!