What are you cooking - October

• Thanks for the input last month, some really good looking meals were on show.

October is open, 3 pics MAX per cook. One post per cook.

:)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Friday lunch ribs in the office 😜

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Smokin some belly and loin for bacon.

And doing up some pork belly burnt ends in preparation for the real Grand Final tonight.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Newsflash....the (real) grand final was last week in Perth. :P

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Grabbed a boneless pickled pork and smoked it in the Asmoke500 with Maple @120c till 71c internal. :yum)

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• First time using the tip top temp. A cheap marinated small shoulder from aldi. Also, finally have better quality charcoal (the heatbeads lump).

Turned out pinker than I expected. I took it out at 55 degrees and rested it in the esky while I did the veges, the way I usually do, but usually it ends up medium by the time I slice it. Bit tough in parts, other parts just melted.

All in all a mediochre meal but the TTT worked brilliantly so I'm happy anyway.

• Roast chicken, spuds and pumpkin in the BGE tonight. Only half the bird gets a rub, the wife isn't keen on it.

• Guys, a reminder. Please check the rules of this thread in post number one.

This thread is just for quick pics and one post only for each. We’d much rather see posts in the appropriate sections because once the month is finished, then this thread is closed and there’s no way of searching for a specific cook and they are basically gone.

Let’s not let this section be the main one for posting your great work.

• Turned out pinker than I expected. I took it out at 55 degrees and rested it in the esky while I did the veges, the way I usually do, but usually it ends up medium by the time I slice it. Bit tough in parts, other parts just melted.

All in all a mediochre meal but the TTT worked brilliantly so I'm happy anyway.

Bduza that is pretty close to how I like my baa baa so looks great to me. But I have been known to do the sneaky "twice cook - quick fix once sliced on the BBQ" to keep the fam happy.

~ Kamado Joe ~ Weber Smokey Joe ~ Weber Baby Q ~

• Spiced chicken glazed with honey / whiskey / chilli. Sauced with stock / honey / tomato (sauce) / wine reduced considerably. Easy to knock out on a Sunday and new fam favourite by the sounds.

• Hi everyone from Kyoto, Japan!

I did not cook, although baked a loaf of chocolate Swiss roll with some fruits,

a loaf of Rum and raisin chocolate pound cake, and a loaf of chocolate-and-brandy pound cake with dry fruits.

I gave one of them to my soul sister, and I shared rest of them with my Mom.

• Been a while between ducks, these ones turned out beautifully!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Been a while between ducks, these ones turned out beautifully!

Bruckster I've an ambition to do duck but have always chickened out (boom boom!). Yours looks amazing, but I've not been brave enough - not sure why. Is this still your 'go to' recipe below? Reckon I will have a go.

Bruckster
    October 26, 2019 at 7:51 PM

• Yeah mate, haven’t changed a thing.

So simple and always turn out great.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• First cook of beef ribs in the Akorn Kamado. Trimmed and coated with Hard core carnivore black

Charcoal with Hickory chunks @ 275, wrapped @190 in butchers paper, took them off @ 200 and rested for an hour.

Extremely tender and pretty happy with the bark.

Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker : Weber baby Q :

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!