Weber Grill on an Akorn.

• So thanks to 12x7 i was made aware of the Charcoal grate from a Weber that fits the Akorn on where the deflector usually sits.

The old part number was 7441 from Weber. This part Number is now obsolete as it has been replaced by the V grate which doesn’t really work when you just want to grill with charcoal up really close.

The new part number from Weber is 65947 for those that are interested in this little hack.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, Primo Jr, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go and Ziggy Portable.

• Good info mate and sorry but I had to change those pics so they weren't on sideways....they were doing my head in trying to look at them like that ! :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• It fits here fine. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Hmmm. I thought the idea was to put charcoal on the Weber grate and cook on the cast iron?

• Hmmm. I thought the idea was to put charcoal on the Weber grate and cook on the cast iron?

Jimmy70 was using it in the most popular way for getting nice and close to sear your meat.

You can put charcoal, charcoal baskets on the weber grate to cook too.

You can do multi-level. Charcoal in the bottom and food direct on the weber grate, or on/in cast iron pizza pan on the weber grate, cast iron grate and on the extender.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!