• Some desserts to for a Member celebrating 7 years! Instead of just putting the pudding powder in the cake mix, I added real pudding. Frosting was mocha butter cream with cream cheese! It made for a real moist cake, but the 1st low rider cake I have ever made! It was so nice and full when I took it out of oven, a lot of settling! The raspberry dish was requested by the celebrant, so I made it so she could take it home and have with her kids. There was to much filling (cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and raspberries) then intended and the cooking dish was to small. To much to long to cook and I believe was over cooked. Also massive deflation whne cooled. It was OK, I had a small tasted, but also slightly chewy, and this dessert should not be chewy!

The thought that counts, right?

OztiN5Mh.jpg

9RmhoIhh.jpg

Dzku4ymh.jpg

68Xj2Gvh.jpg

dV9turqh.jpg

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• I know pumpkin is popular down there as a savory dish, not sure if you all eat it as pie? I am not a fan of traditional pie crust, so I decided I would try a Walnut short bread for it. I did not pay attention to the fact that with as much fat and sugar in the dough, there was no way it was going to hold its form as it cooked. After the 1st check for doneness i adjusted technique to see if it could be corrected, it was about 85% effective!

A little heavy cream, spices, eggs and sweetened condensed milk tomorrow and It Will be Go Time!

• Never had pumpkin pie and have never seen one other than the movies. That wouldn't stop me from trying one some day.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I haven't had pumpkin pie either but I do love pumpkin soup.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I have had Gramma pie which is a bit of a local delicacy in the Hunter Valley. Very similar to pumpkin in its texture but a lot sweeter.

Gramma pie recipe 1885 - Australian food history timeline
    Although mentioned in Mrs Beeton's section on Australian cookery in the 1891 edition,  gramma pie seems to be unknown to many beyond the north coast  of NSW.
    www.google.com

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• It was supposed to be a Red Velvet Cake Roll, but I refuse to understand that a Swiss Roll needs to be a Sponge cake and not a box cake, so I can't make them work. So it just ended up being a Red Velvet Cake Dessert!

• is that a trifle ? If so my mum used to make that but she always soaked the cake in sherry. I guess given it was a sober celebration no alcohol was used. So did you wet / soak the cake ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• I guess the closest description would be Trifle. I am sure any Brit close to me would pimp slap me if they saw it and heard me call it that. It is just Pound Cake, with a mock crème anglaise, and then Blackberries and Raspberries. I used the juice from the berries, but did not really soak the cake. It did kind of seep in! None left at the end of the meeting, so I guess that is something.

• More AA friends with anniversary's. Another 13 year chip tomorrow night! Half garden Blackberries and half store bought. The store bought were twice the size as mine, but half the sweetness! Been a tough garden season. I screwed up the Spring trim on the Raspberries, and the Blackberries have not produced anywhere like they did last year!

Pie crust looks like it was learned in a Special Education class!

• These were a couple of Dutch Apple pies I made yesterday for a meeting. I have always battled my fruit pies coming out runny. The unusual thing is the one on the left was thickened with Instant Lemon Pudding. I read about using it instead of the usual Tapioca, Corn starch or flour. It worked well. It was not runny, I tasted no lemon, and I really enjoyed the texture. Was able to cut the sugar in half and still have what I considered a very sweet pie! One on the right was "conventional" corn starch. Came out perfect, go figure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!