Share youre bbq fails

• Fired up the old weber kettle for the 1st time in ages on the weekend to cook a couple of chooks.

I put a chimney of beads into the two baskets for heat and a drip tray in between to catch all the loveliness for some gravy. Just before I put the lid on to preheat the BBQ I checked the lower vents but because of the drip tray I couldn't see them, now as the coals had just gone in and everything was still cool I went for the old finger up the vent trick and yep vent seemed fully open.

Now roll forward to when parents, wife and sisters are starting to get hungry, checked the chicken and not even close to being ready and the beads looked to be going out. After some investigation I discovered that the bottom vents were fully closed and because they are peaked inside when I poked them they only seemed to be open :D

3 + hours for a couple of roast chooks seems a bit excessive to me. I think I'll stick with the dragon for a little while.

• The old 'finger up the vent trick' hey. Surprised that didn't work. ;)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• For those NRL blokes it’s known as the “Hopoate”

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Well this could have been a huge fail.

While cooking those beef shorties on Sunday, I had become a wee bit breathless as I was plodding around in the garden a bit also that day.

Put the Oxygen tank on and later went to check the ribs with it going, not once but twice which is a big no no.....Housemate screamed at me the first time. :help:

I think I'm lucky it was on the lowest setting or you would have read about by now.

KaBoom!

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• It shows how careful we need to be around a flame.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Crikey gg careful mate =O

Yeah Davo....I have not been doing much cooking due to the Oxygen supplement.

I just need to turn it off when I do cook. :S

It shows how careful we need o be around a flame.

Especially when hooked up to an ON Oxygen tank! :cursing:

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E and the New MINI.....Aldi & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• Well this could have been a huge fail.

While cooking those beef shorties on Sunday, I had become a wee bit breathless as I was plodding around in the garden a bit also that day.

Put the Oxygen tank on and later went to check the ribs with it going, not once but twice which is a big no no.....Housemate screamed at me the first time. :help:

I think I'm lucky it was on the lowest setting or you would have read about by now.

KaBoom!

Take good care of yourself. Legend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!