Suggestions for lump charcoal in Sydney

• So I’ve done three or four cooks on the WSM since I got that bag of Heatbeads lump charcoal back in August and all were charcoal. After a couple of years with the WSM I’ve made the switch and it’s working well. Have a bag of Heatbeads original brickettes in the garage, now only as backup.

Problem now is that Big Red Hammer have been out of stock for last few weeks with no eta on resupply. Heatbeads still have the 20kg bags of lump listed on their website but not the hammer. :shrug:

Can any Sydney based members recommend somewhere, preferably in the south, that I can source lump charcoal? Also open to suggestions as to others too, but mindful of freight costs.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

Edited once, last by matty ().

• This charcoal is getting some great feedback about the traps.

They may have additional retailers.....check with the HO.

Stockists - Charcoal Kings

Note for anyone interested.....they are seeking distributors.

I have no affiliation with them.

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• Emberpack has good reviews and is a member of this forum so I'd be buying from him if possible.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Post by matty ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Here's some of my previous posts which may help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!