What are you cooking - November

• Show us your stuff !

3 Pics per post max.

1 post only per cook.

And don't forget, we love more detailed posts and more pics in the Livestock/Airborne/Aquatic sections too, so if you have more pics, that's the place to post.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• So this is a meal called Wazza's surprise. I ripped it off from a restaurant my future bride and I went to 20+ years ago. I can't even remember the name of the restaurant, but we went there regularly, and they called it "the name of their restaurant's" surprise.

It's probably evolved over the years, but the basic premise is:

Turkish bread toasted on one side, (sour dough or the like will work), top that with basil pesto, lettuce, red onion, slices of tomato, BBQ chicken breast sliced, jars of artichokes and sun dried tomatoes on top, avocado, then top with an avocado or basil dressing. vegies can change depending on what's available.

It just works. Serve open sandwich style. Enjoy.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Not bbq, but too bad. Crispy skin salmon not quite cooked in the middle. Myself and my better half love it.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Maiden run on the homemade rotisserie made out of my original rusted out Weber. Works well!

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Butterfly leg of lamb. Reverse sear. About an hour on the WSM at 160C with a couple of chunks of that Applewood I got from the orchard at Bilpon earlier in the year then a little rest and a quick sear on the gasser. Served with roast potato and broccoli. So much less guesswork cooking the lamb than the method we used to use which was gasser all the way but no thermometer to check doneness.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• seaelem thanks.

The chips were done in a Kmart Airfryer just the Mccains Pub style extra Crispy ones.

Sides are the bosses domain i just look after the proteins.

Son has gone in today to have his Tonsils out hence he wanted a good steak for Dinner last night.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• gone in today to have his Tonsils

Lol....when I was very very young I had mine out........home to Ice Cream & Jelly they said back then.........apparently for dinner that night I wanted the chops that everyone else was eating :tongue: .

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• A reversed seared piece of the Grain fed Scotch Fillet from the recent bulk buy.

From the Asmoke when it hit 50c internal to cousin Ziggy for the finish.

Bloody Awesome steak indeed. :yum).

Z Grill MINI.....Aldi Gasser.......Thermoworks Smoke...., Masterbuilt portable Charcoal Grill.

• Barra on the Asmoke.

Cooked for about 20 minutes at 150c.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I tried a colesworth pre marinaded butterflied leg of lamb Sous vide, then finished on the Ziggy.

Bath was at 60 degrees, as the kids like their lamb medium/well and I don’t mind it like that either.

Marinade was a bit strong, but came out nice and tender.

Starting to like the easy, foolproof Sous vide method for cooks, especially if I’ve got other things to do.

Not the prettiest pics, but you get the idea…..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!