Will they become Adobo sauce?

• Making some Chipotle peppers! I am planning 24 hours for drying, but time will tell! Memphis Pro is set on 185°.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• 4 hours in, much more space between the peppers! 16lb. hopper.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• 8 hours in.

• Interesting, pellet usage looks quite economical.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Set at 200° or below, the Memphis Pro will burn about 170gr/hr. Set it at 650° and it will burn about 1.2Kg/hour!

From my old Performance Testing days!

• Them's some pretty large looking Jalapoinos'. Did you grow them yourself?

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• There are a few Anaheim in there. That is probably the long ones you see, but yes, they were all grown in the garden. They got pretty dry. Big difference in color between Red & Green once dried!

Dried Red Jalapeno's & Red Anaheim's.

Them's some pretty large looking Jalapoinos'. Did you grow them yourself?

Lok6NM3h.jpg

• Some will. Most will be used in sauce for things like Chili Colorado. I dont think that the Adobo Chipotle's are ever that dry! They are just smoked and then made into the sauce, so I kind of screw the pooch on that one!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!