Restaurant Depot Loves to take my Money...

• We have a company over here called Restaurant Depot. Caters to obviously restaurants and the food service industry, sure you all have something like it. You have to have a business license or be a non-profit. Won't go into how I got my card, that is another story. The jist of this thread is that I always go in this place expecting to spend $ and it turns into $$$$. Ohh, by the way, frying oil had doubled in price in the last 14 months. Soybean oil was $18 for 25 liters it is now $36 and same amount of Peanut oil was $56, I'll be dipped in xxxx!

USDA Choice Strip 16.5 lbs. (7kg) before trim. 12lb. (5.4kg) after trim. Normal Restaurant Depot price $8.71, it was on the Bargin table for 25% off, or $6.54/lb. I think it has pretty decent marbling for Select, I also was sure it was Rib Roast when I trimmed off piece to even up. USDA Choice Outside Skirt $6.98/lb. (in vac seal bag, 5 individual pieces when opened.)

I have 55oz (1.5kg) of the Strip, 68oz (1.9kg) of the Skirt and 36oz (1kg) of the Strip trim that will be ground in about an hour when it firms up in the freezer. Then I am going to have a Cheeseburger of my In famous blend for dinner!

I see Tostada, Chili Colorado (if I could just find a good flour tortilla) & Cheese Steak in my future with that Strip & Skirt!

CedstJuh.jpg

AGA7WNVh.jpg

1reC0CJh.jpg

RefZeBvh.jpg

5SEV1Pwh.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Was this minced to make burger, or cooked as a steak to make what I would call a steak sandwich?

Sorry, on the phone so pic is hard to make out.

EDIT, read your post again and I missed the word 'ground.

Seeing as I bought up the topic steak sandwich, do you ever do them?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I have not made a true Steak sandwich in this century. To me they were always a pain to eat. Where I could get them, they were usually a petite sirloin, a great tasting steak, but not real tender. So you would take a bite, and it was usually on a harder type roll and you battled getting the steak to bite through.

Now days, I would much prefer a Cheese Steak or an Italian Beef!

This place in my old home town used to make a great one in the 60's & 70's! The current location is a far cry from 60 years ago!

Elbow Room.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!