Beef Cheeks on the Asmoke

• I've never done beef cheeks before and did a bit of Googling and searching in here which mainly seemed to suggest braising as the main part of the cook.

I thought I'd just try them like a small brisket and do them in the Asmoke at 110c. I haven't used the Asmoke for a long low and slow cook before so that was also going to be a test for this pellet cooker.

I coated the cheeks in Big Red oil based rub and used the higher tray in the Asmoke with foil undereneath to help shield them from direct heat off the cover plate.

After 4 hours one was probing well but the other wasn't. They were at different internal temperatures too, which i thought was a bit odd.

So I got a foil tray, adding some cheap red wine and put a cover over the top before putting it back in to the Asmoke and increasing the pit temp to 150c

After another hour, one felt really soft and the other still more resistant to the probe but it was time to eat so out they came and were sliced.

They tasted great and the one which probed nicely was really good and tasted just like a brisket. The other was tasty and a bit tougher but still very ebible.

Served with mashed spuds, some veggies and gravy.

Would I do these again ? Absolutely !

The Asmoke sat almost locked on the set temperature the whole time and when turned the dial up, it went to the new temperature very quickly. I'm very impressed with it and still had a reasonable amount of pellets left in the hopper. I'd say doing a 7-8 hour overnight cook would be fine.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• I've done a number of low and slow in the Asmoke, it goes well. Love beef cheeks, now I feel the need to go out and get some.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Looks tasty Gumb. You know, I don't think I've seen any beef cheeks anywhere this year..?

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Nice one Gumb! I've found beef cheeks can differ wildly in how long they take to cook, especially without braising them. I've had some that just never got tender on the bbq until I took them off and finished them inside in the oven or in a pot.

The finished product is always great though!

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• I had left overs in a roll for lunch....Yum.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Post by SultanRai21 ().

This post was deleted by Narm Naleg: Link to advertising ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!