Australian Version AS350 Starts Sales Now

• The new model looks great William......hmmmm....thinking, do I sell my beloved 300 model and upgrade ?

Could be an option.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Hi William, it would be great to know the dimensions of the grill using the metric system. I'm having a hard time working out the size of the bbq.

Also how does the 15% off First-Buy Coupon work?

Question for those that have the 300, how would it compare to the GMG Daniel Boone?

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Having had both the DB and the Davy Crockett, the Asmoke obviously is smaller in the size of the cooking chamber when it comes to height but you could still do a chook no worries.

In cooking area it's probably similar to the DC. It does come with an extender rack which is a good thing and that's fine for smaller items like roast spuds or fish. I like how you can easily move the 2 piece deflector plate to open up the slots which allow for good direct grilling. That's a better system that the DC had but they've changed that for more modern DC models. If you need a pit the size of a DB however, the Asmoke won't be the BBQ you need.

I think the Asmoke takes over from a gas BBQ like my Ziggy. It's still important to keep a good gasser but the Asmoke starts up and gets to temp a lot faster than the DC ever did so it's more like a gas BBQ for convenience. I only used the DC for roasts because of the longer start up time. The Asmoke is not an issue even starting up for a quick grilled steak or the barramundi I cooked tonight (see my post on the What did you cook thread).

As I've said in the many posts in the thread about the Asmoke, it holds temperature extremely well and doesn't have the variation the DC had. Maybe it's due to the lower chamber and less volume to maintain temperature or perhaps the control system is getting more refined these days. My DC wasn't a late model and had done a few miles. :)

I changed from the DC to the Asmoke but only because I have other options for doing a roast or a low and slow cook. if I didn't have those, I'd probably stick to the DC or a DB if I needed to cook for more than 2 people.

So I think they all have their place in the BBQ world but I can tell you I'm impressed enough to be really considering making the move to change my 300 to the 350 as per Williams post. The discount makes it quite attractive and I could sell the 300 to cover some of the cost.

The 300 is : 550 w x 350 deep x 370 H

Grill area is 360 x 330

I assume the 350 is the same size but not sure.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• So what are the changes? I can see an ash collection system that would be handy, but is there anything else?

My 300 is one of my most used bbq's, but I'd happily purchase a taller lid, that is my only real complaint. I've also considered sneaking into Uni and making my own taller lid. Shouldn't take too long with the mag benders and spot welder.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• The water pan should make a difference for doing low and slow like the beef cheeks I did in mine on the weekend. They claim juicier results but like you Waz, I've never had a problem getting great results from the 300. I just like having the latest model, which is a problem I was born with and can't change. It's in the genes.

• Hi William, it would be great to know the dimensions of the grill using the metric system. I'm having a hard time working out the size of the bbq.

Also how does the 15% off First-Buy Coupon work?

Question for those that have the 300, how would it compare to the GMG Daniel Boone?

Hi Ian, The AS350 Grill is slightly bigger than AS300 on the outside package.
    1,Dimensions of the grill is 62*45*41 CM.
    The total BBQ area is 1652 (1235+417) cm² including extra Rack.

2,The 15% coupon is for Registration customers. Just input code "First15" when check out on ASMOKE website.

3,Have got GMG DV so no further comments on this comparison. Could it be ASMOKE is Toddler to Kinder? ^^

• So what are the changes? I can see an ash collection system that would be handy, but is there anything else?

My 300 is one of my most used bbq's, but I'd happily purchase a taller lid, that is my only real complaint. I've also considered sneaking into Uni and making my own taller lid. Shouldn't take too long with the mag benders and spot welder.

Hi Wazza, From our sales experience on AS300 worldwide for last two years, we have made major components improvement.
    Including Higher lid, Ash collection system, New ASCA control system, some components upgrade, inside water tank.

• William,

Hey William any deals going for these new ones with the cover and temp probe? Or with apple pellets?

Does the AS300 cover and probe fit / work on the new model?

I've never even eaten anything off a pellet cooker and dont know anybody with one.... but am thinking of maybe getting one of these...

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• As per the sizes in the posts above, the cover from the 300 won't fit the 350.

• William,

Hey William any deals going for these new ones with the cover and temp probe? Or with apple pellets?

Does the AS300 cover and probe fit / work on the new model?

I've never even eaten anything off a pellet cooker and dont know anybody with one.... but am thinking of maybe getting one of these...

Hi Mate, the new package for AS350 comes with temp probe but WITHOUT the cover.
    Applewood pellets are not inclusive by this promotion price.
    Gumb I just test AS300 Cover and Carry bag, it fits with AS350.
    So it would be in the accessories list for sale. Cheers

• Are you sure ?

The cover on my 300 is a nice snug fit and if the 350 is bigger, I can't see how it would fit :dunno:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!