Yearling Oyster Blade

• A full Yearling Oyster blade rubbed with some mustard & SPOG.

Done in the Z Grill @107c until around 73c internal, then wrapped in PB paper & foil with around 50ml of stock.

Back in & aiming for internal of low 90's.......went to around 92c.....12 hour cook all up & it was getting late & me getting pickled. :cheers:

Rested while I literally :censored: around with the vegies & some gravy......made from some drippings.

I've said it before but this is one very under rated cut.

Could have pulled this but I was after sliced.........Like Eye Fillet Steak with :censored:loads more flavour.

Do yourself a favour & try this cut out.......you won't be sorry. :drool:

Mmmmmm......look at that cream in the middle....to die for!

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

Edited once, last by gourmetgalaxy: Add some more pictures......sorry about the quality of some! ().

• Gumb

Changed the title of the thread from “yearling Oyster Blade” to “Yearling Oyster Blade”.
  • Sorry mate but this is too good to be lost in the What did you cook thread so I've moved it to here.

That looks fantastic. Must put one on my shopping list, in fact I'm so tempted I think I'll head off to see my mate Russell the butcher today.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• Yeah do it Gumb .....it's like Brisket, Ribs & Cheeks all in one IMO.

And I think this is on the one & only Mr @Wazza's list to do. :/

Ziggy Trpl. ....Z Grill 700E.....Aldi/Masterbuilt & Camp Chef Gassers... Camp Chef cast iron.....Thermoworks Smoke.

• How big was that cut ? I don't have an army to feed.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• That's not too bad, I can share left overs with the family.

• I think what we call Flat Iron. Getting ready to grill some tomorrow, much, much smaller pieces! Do you always treat it like a Brisket as far as IT?

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I couldn't get oyster blade today so got a 2.6kg chuick instead.

• And I think this is on Mr @Wazza's list to do. :/

Yes it is, bit late to do today though, plus I need to get one, but I'll be catching all the drippings for a smoked sauce.

Hmmm, looking at the shape, this would make a great beef wellington, cooked sous vide, chilled then wrapped and cooked again. Just wondering how that gelatine would break down at 55 degrees for 36 hours?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Do you always treat it like a Brisket as far as IT?

When cooking a full one Yes.

I couldn't get oyster blade today

No cream for you then Gumb ;(

but I'll be catching all the drippings for a smoked sauce. :shrug:

No prize for seconds Wazza ;) ...that's what that foil tray would be for in picture one!

& some gravy......made from some drippings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!