So called 'modernist BBQ'

• I like this guy, I have ripped him off a few times now. But how do we all feel about these techniques emulating BBQ?

I do a lot of sous vide, so am very open too it, but my gut feeling is in this case I think I will prefer a long smoking in a pit.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• How we cook/create food will continue to evolve. We already emulate BBQ in many ways such as the types of BBQ sauce at the supermarket.

As food is really just proteins, amino acids etc, we see scientists/food technologists already creating meat/BBQ from their chemistry sets and we can already create soylent green.

Compared to other forms of food emulation the Ultimate Modernist is not so radical.

Just waiting for Santa to put under the Christmas tree the latest Star Trek food replicator to help make Christmas dinner.

Food 3D printer

Top food 3D printers available this year - Guide to food 3D printing
    There aren't that many commercially available food 3D printers on the market today- see which ones are in our guide to food 3D printing.
    www.aniwaa.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com

Edited 3 times, last by 12x7 ().

• I mostly use my sous vide wand for reheating, which it's perfect for. I'm not sure why they call it modernest though and it's hard to beat a low and slow cook in the BGE.

In fact I have some chuck to cook today, maybe I'll give the sv a run.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• I buy the whole Angus rump from costco and slice it up myself into good thick steaks. Vacuum bag it and put in the freezer, hen I can just wack it in the sous vide for 3 hours from frozen and give it a quick sear on the kamado. Get great results with little effort and attention.

I reverse sear the rump cap when I get that though, that stuff loves charcoal like noting else. It;s worth the extra effort and attention.

• I buy the whole Angus rump from costco and slice it up myself into good thick steaks. Vacuum bag it and put in the freezer, hen I can just wack it in the sous vide for 3 hours from frozen and give it a quick sear on the kamado. Get great results with little effort and attention.

I reverse sear the rump cap when I get that though, that stuff loves charcoal like noting else. It;s worth the extra effort and attention.

Is rump cap another name for picanha / tri-tip?

My favourite cut, for sure.

I hadn't thought about sous vide in that way before - i.e. not in terms of it being easier. What you describe would be a fantastic way to do steaks midweek (just ask the missus to put them in the sous vide mid-afternoon and all I have to do when I get home is sear them).

Damnit, one more device on the list :doh:

• It looked good, but it is not BBQ for me. It does not matter if you put another word in front of BBQ. My definition of BBQ includes wood. It would be like saying come see my electric car, powered by gasoline!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• like saying come see my electric car, powered by gasoline!

In the world of woke don't let facts get in the road of a good story. Most electric cars are charged at night so in practice they're being powered by oil, gas, coal or nuke and generate more carbon emissions than a gasoline powered car. In this modern world BBQ doesn't need CO2 generators like coal/wood to cook food and the meat doesn't even have to contain meat. Unfortunately your comment made in jest is in fact a pretty accurate perspective.

Edited once, last by 12x7 ().

• Post by trentski ().

This post was deleted by Gumb: Political comment ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!