Chuck in the BGE

• Doing a 1.6kg chuck in the Big Green Egg today and using the Tip Top Temp to keep the pit around 220f.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• 3 hours in to the cook and the chuck is at 135f internal.

The pit is locked solid on 220f and hasn't moved. I do have the bottom vent open a poofteenth.

The TTT is certainly a great little gadget and not anywhere near as expensive as the fan type controllers. It works on the Egg, and just as well on an Akorn or a Weber kettle.

Big Green Egg - aSmoke Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller

• 8 hours and the chuck is slowly creeping up. The Egg hasn't moved off the initial temperature.

• On the phone so hard to see pics. Is there anything on the Chuck or are you going nude?

Has the TTT ever lost control?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I put some of our favourite Big Red olive oil based rub on it before it went in to the fridge last light.

I haven't really touched the TTT and even opening the lid for a quick spritz doen't change it. The pit just goes back up to the set temp again and stays there. I'd be confident enought to let this go overnight.

Wrapped now and increased the Egg to 300f.

• Happy with the result, even though I took it out a little earlier than I'd normally do but it was past dinner time. The meat was 193f and probing OK. The total cook time was just under 10 hours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!