SOLD- GMG Daniel Boone for sale.

• G'day all,

I have recently 'gifted' myself a Primo oval kamado and it has been decreed that there is not enough room for both the GMG and the Primo, so I'm putting the GMG up for sale.

I bought this new in 2017 and it has performed faultlessly apart from one hiccup as per this thread.

Stalled cook

Since that happened, I have been in touch with Hark and it was diagnosed as a firmware issue. I have updated the firmware and it has performed faultlessly ever since.

Like anything with a computer, it can have the occasional hiccup.

As a side note, Hark (who import GMG) are excellent with their after sales service and are always happy to help out.

Anyhoo, back to the beast in question. I am looking for $1000 for it. That's a bit expensive, I hear you say, but wait there's more.

I will include with the sale the following items:

- A protective cover from the newer Prime model, which is a bit longer than the original one.

- A thermal cover.

- A folding front shelf and brackets (which I have replaced with a custom folding aluminium shelf), but it would easily convert into a second grilling shelf.

- 10 x 10kg unopened bags of Smokin brand southern hardwood pellets. These pellets retail for $33 a bag, so in effect you're getting the GMG for $670.

The inside is a bit grubby, but it's been well looked after and always covered. I will give it a thorough cleaning before selling it of course.

This package has everything you need to become a BBQing legend of your own house, all you need is a power point.

Pick up from Batemans Bay (south coast NSW).

This weighs about 70kgs, so you'll need a ute or a trailer. I'll assist with loading. The legs can be removed to make it a bit more compact.

This has not been advertised anywhere else yet and if it was to be, I would not be including the pellets in the price. This is an exclusive to this forum sale.

If you have any questions or would like some more pics, send a message through this site.

Thanks for looking,

Steve.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

Edited once, last by Lovey: Grammatical error. ().

• Good pick up for someone.

Good luck with the sale and how about a post with some info on the Primo ? :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• G'day everyone, just an update on this as it hasn't sold yet.

I'm dropping the price to $800, and the amount of pellets had dropped to 9 and a bit unopened bags.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

• It was already great value. Now it's a steal! I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell quickly.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• ...damnit.

I'd settled on buying a smartfire and keeping the kamado, and now you have this for 800.

I'm going to spend the weekend flipping back and forth on this.

• It would be gone if it was in Melbourne. Great buying.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Oooh I'd love this. I'm in the Gong and the price is a steal.. but I don't have a covered deck so can't deal with electronics in the rain.

It comes with a cover which isn't in the pictures.

• If you're concerned about using it uncovered, check this pic out that I pilfered from the GMS owners group.

May be an image of snow

I wouldn't recommend this, but they're hardy units.

• Have you done a sneaky reverse sear from the DB to the Primo yet Lovey ??

No, unfortunately I haven't had the time. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't used the Primo since I got my new pizza stone. :doh:

• You reckon the cover would keep the electronics safe in heavy rain?

Prime_DB_Long1

This is the cover that I have for it, covers everything nicely.

Edited once, last by Lovey: Remove part of quoted post. ().

• Using that cover is better protection than being under a covered area I reckon.

• G'day everyone,

Just an update to this, I've given her a thorough cleaning and I'm dropping the price to $600.

Steve

Edit - I have a spare ignitor rod and a second set of grill racks which were replaced due to warping (which could be easily bent back into shape).

Edited once, last by Lovey: Additional info. ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!