A new addition to the family.

• G'day all,

I've been thinking about getting a kamado for a little while now, mainly to do some overnight cooks. I have the GMG Daniel Boone which does a fantastic job, but it lives outside my bedroom and I want something that doesn't make any noise.

So, after doing a heap of research, I scored a good deal on a Primo large oval package.

I picked it up from the courier depot and took it home for assembly. Holy dooley it's heavy, tipping the scales at 65kg =O . Thankfully the cart glides easily.

I gave it half a firebox of charcoal and lit her up. It took me a while to get it up to temp, but it was rock solid when it got there.

I'm looking forward to doing some cooks on it when I get some time off.

Here's a few pics and one showing how big it is next to the DB.

Thanks for looking,

Steve.

Edited once, last by Lovey: Grammatical error. ().

• very nice 👍🏼

Welcome to the Primo club

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Welcome to the Primo Club.

Enjoy that true dual zone Cooking.

A seriously great grill and worth every cent IMO.

Lovey Out of interest what swayed you towards Primo ?

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• Thanks Jimmy70 , I was checking out a few different kamados and I was initially leaning towards a kamado Joe. The Primo just seemed to tick a few more boxes in relation to flexibility, especially having the oval shape. I got a good deal on it too, so that definitely helped get it over the line.

• Even included the BGE ash tool not the Primo one ?

I am assuming it came with all the extras ? Divider, Pizza Stone, Deflectors etc....

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Even included the BGE ash tool not the Primo one ?

I am assuming it came with all the extras ? Divider, Pizza Stone, Deflectors etc....

Geez, you've got eyes like a hawk to notice that :D , they'd run out of Primo Ash tools.

It came with firebox divider, deflectors and extender racks, but I didn't worry about getting a pizza stone, I've got a few of them already.

• That is still all good I actually like the porcelain racks better.

The Hinge will be OK as its a Large wont be under as much stress as a XL.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!