Hibachi Cooking

• How did the cauliflower turn out? Any time I've tried it on the bbq it takes in too much smoke flavour. Cauliflower is a real sponge for flavours. I've always done it lid down though.

• I haven't done it for ages but used to do corn in foil coated with butter and Mad Hunky rub. It was sensational.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• How did the cauliflower turn out?

Was lovely, I steamed it for 7 mins, let it cool, put some oil and rub on it and on she went... Was over the coals for about 5 mins total.

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• Ok, so the good wife wants a quiet NYE with the hibachi fired up. Is charcoal still the best fuel or should i be thinking heat beads or robot turds for a longer session?

• I find robot turds too hard to light. I'd be using Kingsford briquettes if it's a small size hibachi or small bits of left over charcoal from the BGE. For a longer session, just keep topping it up.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I actually like a combo of robo turds and charcoal, but I break the robo turds into smaller pieces.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Yeah, that would work but you do need something to get them going and as you said, charcoal is good for that.

I grilled a steak over some hickory Kingsfords on the Cobb the other night and it came out with a nice smokey flavour.

It's like doing it on a hibachi.

• I spotted this at Bunnings and it comes with the motor. Good value for $69 I reckon and it would make a nice table top hibachi style cooker for a larger gathering.

• Went with heat beads tonight…

Kebabs, asparagus and corn riblets

zucchini, Italian sausage and a bbq sausage for kids 11

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!