Aldi meat slicer ?

• Help needed. I am thinking about purchasing the Ambiano food slicer that's coming on sale on Wednesday. Has anyone on got any info or heard of any problems. I have looked at the reviews and we all know it's not commercial quality. The plan is slice up a ham every now and then. Cheers :/ :dunno: :shrug: :help:

• The good wife works at Aldi... Keep the receipt and if it no good or breaks take it back. They have a no questions asked refund policy. Some of the stuff hat people return is all but dead and they just give your money back. Time limit is 12 months...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• How much are they?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Couple of things to check before buying would be :

The blade if it can be sharpened - and how easy it is to remove to clean ,

The “draw back” or “ depth of cut from the blade to the back stop of the slide.

I’d imagine it wouldn’t cut very big pieces of meat .

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Mate for that price who cares 😂

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• I used one a mate gave me. I had to cut the ham into segments before it fit (the drawback). But the result was sizes perfect for sandwiches so it works out well.

The blade came off easy enough for cleaning but the motor smelled every time we ran it. A combination of burning motor and I think also the grease.

I have no idea how old it was though so at $60 it's probably worth it.

• I've had one for years and it works fine. I can't remember if ours is an Aldi but it looks the same. Kogan sell them too.

Well worth buying if you want to do home made bacon in particular.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Mine got it's once a year use slicing the ham :) I couldn't have cut it that thin and evenly without it.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I did purchase one but it's being returned. The whole section that holds the blade and motor is loose. I checked the 3 screws that hold it. 2 we're loose and one was stripped. After a tighten which helped but didn't fix it I did manage to slice the ham with it though just not easily or uniform slices.

• If you can find a second hand deli slicer for two to three hundred dollars you'll have a lifetime slicer that can handle regular sized pieces.

Something like this:

Duegi Made In Italy deli slicer. Excellent Cond. Pick Up Balgowlah | eBay
    <p>Duegi Made In Italy deli slicer. Excellent Cond. Pick Up Balgowlah by Sunday 28th </p>
    www.ebay.com.au

The only downside is storing it when not in use. Mine is used regularly, so has a permanent spot on the counter.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• Narm Naleg yep I did the same thing. Picked up a second hand commercial slicer for a steal at 80 bucks. It's actually too big so I'll downsize when I find the right one.

I regularly see them go for 100-200 on marketplace

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!