Smokin Stone Repairs

• My Akorn Smokin stone (deflector has a crack in it. Currently it is still holding together, but it's going to fall apart at some point. Is there anything I can do to try to hold it together so that I can use this one longer before it actually breaks?

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber Kettle | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping)

• You could try this to stick it back together if it breaks.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/lanko-5kg-156-high-temperature-mortar_p0760382

It may stay as it is for years though.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I would save your money and replace the deflector with a Weber Kettle grill and a cast iron pizza pan.

I used to replace the Akorn deflector and now have saved heaps with the grill and pizza set-up.

• I've seen blokes drill each side of the crack and lace it up with wire.

Wouldn't using a masonry bit on that finish it off? :shrug:

Although on further thought you could get away with a small bit, just big enough for the wire, I've never used a small masonry bit, don't even know what they go down too?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• You can buy small diamond head drill

Bits for drilling ceramic tiles and such. The smallest SDS masonry bit for a hammer drill I’ve seen is 5mm , - just don’t have the hammer on when drilling it.

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Mine has been like that for well over a year or more including extreme temps. Not fallen apart yet and I would suggest you leave it alone.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Thanks guys. I think I'll leave it until it actually falls apart then. And consider either the high temp cement or the cast iron pan option.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber Kettle | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping)

• There's also a stainless steel drip pan/deflector made for the akorn jr that I got a while back. I think it was only $30 at the time and it works really well.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!