Things you've scored from the rubbish dump

• So today I went to my local tip to drop off a heap of xmas packaging and an old bar fridge that had shat the tin. While unloading the bar fridge, in amongst the fridges I spotted a glimpse of stainless steel that looked like it didnt belong there. Turns out it was a commercial grade Waldorf 3 burner hotplate on a stand.

After checking all the burners were intact I dragged the tip guy over to see how much he wanted for it. $10 bucks was the asking price, so onto the back of the ute it went.

It needs a cleanup, and looks like I will need to do some thinking how I will adapt the 3/4" mains gas delivery to gas bottles, but I think its a score. Shes an oldy, but a new Waldorf 3 burner on a stand is in the $10k range!

Second pic is a dollar coin reference pic, to show the 10 or 12 mm thick plate on it.

What else have you guys found at the tip? Im sure everyone has a story!

• That’s a great pickup. My tip doesn’t have that style of setup in terms of being able to see what they have salvaged.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

• Same as Jimmy here. Last time I was at the tip all I could see was giant piles of rubbish.

I've rescued a nice weber one touch kettle from the roadside though.

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• Dad rescued a weber classic from the roadside, then just didn't use it. A few years later I asked him to give it to me instead of letting it collect dust. He agreed but by his next visit he'd changed his mind and gifted me a jumbuck kettle instead.

I (quite literally) wore that little thing out in a year, and that's how my charcoal obsession began. With a roadside freebie that never got used?

• Went & took my old gasser to the tip over the break & while dumping that on the pile the old man spied 2 used oil bottles that he really wanted. So that was dads big score from the tip. 2 engine oil bottles to reused to pour chlorine into the pool.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!