What are you cooking - January

• A new year and some new cooking results to show us. Add time and temp info for your cook if possible.

3 pics per post max.

1 post per cook.

And don't forget to put some more detailed posts with pics in other sections of this forum.

and remember...... :w

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Starting the year simply with a chook on the rotti.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• 1st Burger of 2022. Double Chili Cheese w/onions!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Chili in the meat, sliced or sauce?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Picked up a 2.2kg point end from Coles.

Injected it with beef stock and used a good rub. Cooked on the pro q bullet and it turned out sensational.

Good to know you can get some good meat out of the supermarket when your butcher is having a well earned break.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• Just chicken drummies.

Paprika, Salt, Garlic powder in approx equal amounts (by eye).

A full chimney of coals and cooked indirect in the kettle, turning a few times.

I am sure I once had a drumstick rack but maybe it was something I borrowed from elsewhere or have lent out.

Trick is to get to 75-80c internal.

I don’t know why I don’t do these more they are so cheap and easy but so nice to eat.

• 75-80 is higher than what I take them too. 70 is about it for me. Over 65 and all the nasties are killed.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Gumb I agree, and I go 60c for breast and 75-80 for thigh and drumsticks. Working muscles like thigh and drumsticks take a bit more. Breaks down the collagen I think. I would never take breast that high, it would dry out.

Not worried about salmonella here, I am familiar with the US FDA charts that show temp over time.

Do try taking drummies a bit further, they really benefit from it.

• I aim for 74 because that's what the inkbird app sets for chicken... pretty lazy of me I know.

Except breast, which I've been trying to hit 70 for ever since UrbanGriller sent me one of his fridge magnets.

• I aim for 74 because that's what the inkbird app sets for chicken...

Inkbird make great hardware. They don’t know how to cook though. I love their gear and ignore their preset temps.

I’ll start a new thread as this one is getting hijacked. Sorry mods.

• I am a firm believer in continual improvement, and each time doing something better than the last time.

To ensure I succeed, I also firmly believe in setting low bars and making goals that are achievable with little or ideally zero effort.

Behold, what is my first (documented) cook of 2022 (I think I've done some chooks or something as well, but this whole year's a bit of a VB coloured haze thus far lol)

• Fresh caught snapper seasoned with salt and pep and some of Lanes Magic dust grilled on the Ziggy with some lake Tuross caught flathead .

Ps - yea I caught them all

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• How many flathead were there to fill up that side of the bbq?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Not all of these but most of them - not a bad mornings work 😂

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Nice work, still my favourite eating fish.

• Some of them look to be a pretty good size. Yum.

• Costco baby backs and wings tonight.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!