Turkey roast on the pellet BBQ

• First time cooking a Turkey roast. Fitting start to the new year.

Purchased this Turkey from Costco yesterday. It was $50 off the price with 3 days left before the best before date. So I paid $29.50 for just over 7.5kg of bird.

Seasoned with salt and pepper, as well as herbed butter (oregano, sage, rosemary, garlic and onion powder).

Rubbed with the butter and placed generous quantities of butter also under the skin. Placed some rosemary and a lemon inside, but kept the stuffing separate for now.

On the gmg Daniel Boone 2 hours ago:

Coming along nicely after 1.5 hours: (swapped over to breast down after the pic was taken)

The stuffing includes onion, carrots and shallots fried with butter, oregano, rosemary and sage:

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• After 4 hours at 180c and with internal temps around the 70c, I'm calling it done. Now rest for a couple of hours.

In the meantime, I've removed the onions and carrots along with most of the juices from the tray. I'll use it to make a sauce.

I placed the stuffing in the tray to suck up the juices:

Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Fire Pit | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Weber Genesis |

• Might have to head over to costco. This is looking really good, interesting stuffing.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Sauce/gravy coming along nicely. Tastes great, just needs to thicken a little more.

Stuffing is done and was never stuffed inside the turkey. Does it disqualify it from being labelled as stuffing? Stuffed if I know! (I apologise for the hopeless pun, but it couldn't go unsaid)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!