Korean BBQ feast

• Something I've been wanting to do again, Korean BBQ.

Marinated meat cooked over charcoal, plus some vegies over charcoal, rice put in lettuce cups, topped with a ssamjang sauce.

We had beef fingers marinated in bulgogi, chicken marinated in mirin and soy, charred chinese cabbage, miso mushrooms and miso eggplant with coriander and kimchi.

First the beef fingers, you could use any cut of choice but as I was using a secondary cut I beat the heck out of it. If using a secondary cut you want it bashed thin to tenderise.

A comparison between one I have bashed and one yet to be bashed.

Beef into bulgogi marinade, chicken thighs sliced into strip and also marinated.

While marinating I made the ssamjang sauce and miso glaze, I'll put the recipes in the next post. Ssamjang is based on fermented soy, it's so good and really ties it all together, you don't need much in each lettuce cup either.

The ssamjang suace.

So vegies on a platter ready to be cooked, except lettuce which is not cooked, and sauce ready with miso glaze ready for vegies.

Marinated meat ready for cooking.

Vegies grilled including miso glazed eggplant which is so good with just the right amount of char.

Meat on the grill.

And finally the salad cups.

Sorry, this is the only pic of finished meat I have.

EDIT:

Forgot to add meat and vegies cut up into bite size pieces so they can be served in small lettuce cups.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Edited 2 times, last by Wazza ().

• Ssamjang dipping sauce, this will work with any Asian bbq'd meat:

1/4 cup of Korean fermented soybean paste

2 Tbsp of gochujang Korean chili paste. I used less due to kids.

2 Tbsp of honey

1 Tbsp of sesame oil

1 large clove garlic very finely chopped/minced

2 spring onions finely chopped

2 teespoons of sesame seeds

Mix together, spoon over or dip meat.

Miso glaze:

2 tablespoons of neutral flavoured oil

3 Tbsp mirin seasoning

1 - 2 Tbsp of sugar, start with one and add more after tasting

1/4 cup miso paste

Cook the eggplant over medium heat, when cooked through but not mushy add glaze to one side and turn that side over the coals. It will burn if it's too hot, you need to keep an eye on it. Re-glaze several times. Remove from coals and sprinkle over sesame seeds.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Korean BBQ, so delicious. Well done!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• I agree, it looks amazing.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!