Heat Beads Lump Charcoal 10kg bag now available

• I wonder if the recent stock issues with the lack of 20kg HB lump was due to them getting ready to supply the 10kg lump?

There was a new display at the Hardware and General hardware store with the 10kg bags for $35.

Mitre 10 is selling the HB 10kg bag for $45 and BCF is selling a 9.5kg bag for $46.

I think the HB 20kg bag at Bunnies is now $55.

• Ouch. That’s a lot more than I paid for a new 20kg bag not that long ago. A sign of things to come ? I hope not.

I might get down to Aussie BBQ Smoke and fill the trailer with some of his red gum lump.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I bought the 18kg pro smoke lump from bbqsg, which is almost the same price (3c cheaper).
    I only bring it up because I like it more than the heat beads lump that I just ran out of. A lot less black smoke while lighting it.

That's the 18kg bag specifically though (seems the smaller size bags are cheaper per kg and are different. They specifically say South African acacia, while the 18kg bag doesn't specify, but is a different bag and seems to be similar sized branches all stacked neatly, in a slab.

Next time I'll try the emberpak stuff. I had to restock 2 days before Christmas so I took the convenient option.

• Big Red hammer's stock is all over the place. Some places have heat beads on their website, but not stock. Same for Everdure 20Kg bags. Not happy about prices going up but I guess it's supply and demand.

WSM 18' Smoker (since Christmas 2019 = certified "L" Plater) / Everdure Cube / Gas 4 burner / Metters' Dover No. 7 Wood Stove

• Has anyone ever tried making their own lump? I havent heard of many people doing it bbq wise, i think its more common in the blacksmithing scene

Homemade Ugly Drum - Weber Go Anywhere - Hark Texas Pro Offset - Weber Kettle x2 - Weber BabyQ - WeberQ3200 - Fire Pits - Rotisserie

• you can make it in a paint tin, a clean one

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!