Sold - Dragon Kamado (Perth)

• I am selling my well used but still perfectly functional Dragon Kamado.

What's good about it?

It still holds temperature reliably. It will happily sit on 110° C for low and slow cooking, or reach frighteningly hot temps for direct searing.

The gaskets are original but still in good condition and it has never failed to shut down once I close all the vents.

The grates are in fantastic condition and I'm throwing in a heavy, cast iron skillet which I use as a very effective deflector plate. You can see the deflector through the grates here:

What's less good about it?

It has been under cover for its entire life, but it has spots of rust. The rust is spotty and skin deep and could probably be touched up without much fuss. There are no parts so corroded that they look like they are about to perforate or give way. I'm deliberately showing the worst of the rust below:

Spotty rust on the frame:

Loss of coating at the lip, from pushing the limits of high temperature cooking:

One of the wheels is also slightly wonky. On a hard surface it will roll along just fine, but it behaves like a dodgy shopping trolley when I roll it across lawn.

Why am I selling it?

I'm still happy with it, but Santa left a new pellet grill in my stocking and I don't have room for both. SWMBO also prefers the milder smoke flavour from the pellet grill, so it would be used to the exclusion of the old Dragon (referring to the Kamado, not SWMBO!)

It comes with just over half a 20kg bag of Heat Beads Lump charcoal.

I'm in Mt Hawthorn and asking $50, so you're basically paying for the deflector and charcoal and getting the Dragon thrown in. If kept under cover, I think this will keep on ticking for a few years yet.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Rob

• Sold.

My parents want it up at the farm. I'll PM you.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Oh, forgot to ask, what did Santa leave for you?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Oh, forgot to ask, what did Santa leave for you?

I’m now the proud owner of a Pit Boss Navigator 550. It’s the smallest in the range, but easily big enough for me. I’ve been happily putting it through its paces and loving the results and ease of use.

• RobB

Changed the title of the thread from “Dragon Kamado (Perth)” to “Sold - Dragon Kamado (Perth)”.
  • Picked up today, great to meet you Rob and put a face to the name.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!