Loose Meat Sandwich...

• I have never had one from Maid-Rite, or the many spin-offs I am sure sprung up since 1928. I believe the Original Maid-Rite is Marshalltown, IA. I think that is Southwest, but not certain Any thing like this there?

Now Glen Bell use to have a Bell Beefer on the menu, and these would actually be closer to that (although no lettuce, no tomato and slices of American Cheese), as this has taco seasoning in the GB. I am going to assume the Maid-Rite is SnP? So I give you the Stevensburg Loose Meat sandwich!

xKGyBE1h.jpg

Tqb5puJh.jpg

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• This would be a Maid-Rite loose meat sandwich!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation"

• Very literal name. ;)

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Just mince then - on a burger

Never enough BBQ

Primo XL, Imperial Kamado, Pro Smoke Offest, Pot belly stove, Flaming coals Spit , Jumbuck 'Rondo' Med spit, Webber Kettles, Small SS battery spit , 5 Burner beefmaster, gasmate portable bbq,

• Have not seen this before. Actually wouldn't mind trying it with something like a masala spice mix.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I used to make these with left over chili (con carne) and also a curry I used to make, which was also mostly mince.

Totally forgot about that (it was from my early 20s when every meal was as cheap as possible and preferably stretched across several days.)

• Seasoned mince, yes. And the originator would put the pickles and onions on theirs.

Taco Bell used to make a Bell Beefer, it was, bun taco seasoned beef, sharp grated cheddar, tomatoes and lettuce.

• Yes, at least here. A Sloppy Joe or Manwhich has a sauce, Sloppy Joe usually savory, Manwich on the sweet side. One usually chili based, the latter tomato based.

Bentley Meredith is this different to "Sloppy Joe"??

• A similar thing is sold in New York. Called the Chopped Cheese. I had one on my holiday over there and I rate it. In fact went back two days in a row to get one. We were staying in Queens when over there. It’s a local specialty there as well as in The Bronx. The ones I had the GB was seasoned mainly with SnP however could have been anything.

Mind the language in the video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Akorn Jr and Ziggy Portable.

Edited 3 times, last by Jimmy70 ().

• It is close, but they take a hamburger patty and chop up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!